Billionaires Pay Our Loans | Teen Ink

Billionaires Pay Our Loans

By akashnigam BRONZE, Foster City, California
akashnigam BRONZE, Foster City, California

Everybody get on my plane. I have space for all of you plus each of your golfing bags full of clubs that will be dinging together all flight long. We have snacks, drinks, and even a few reclining seats— the special kind with real gold trim.

Try not to step on the putting green that is in the middle of the plane. I know it takes up a lot of space but the lawn keepers, who I pay minimum wage, worked on it. Don’t talk too loud about your investments, the flight attendants might try to eavesdrop.  

I don’t even know where we are flying but I’ll make sure that there is a golf course at least half a mile away from where we land. Oh! I am speaking at a college today. I better give the students good tips on how they can get rid of their college loans. 

“Forget about Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and all these other billionaires, I am the smartest out of all of them.

Getting the amount of money I have is no easy task. It requires hard work, dedication, and some luck. You all should stay in school and keep working hard towards your dreams. I am here to take any questions y’all might have.

Oh, so you want to know what I do with all my money? Well, I focus on investments in various areas such as stocks, bonds, real estate, and more. And also I put a lot of money back into my business ventures to help them grow. Obviously, I buy many luxury goods like the Gulfstream jet I flew on to get here. Oh, and ya, I also donate. Anyway, do y’all have other questions?

How I became a billionaire, that's a good question. Well, I started with various small business ventures after dropping out of college. Then a bit of luck with a lot of hard work got me to where I am today.

Sorry, I can only take two more questions; I have a tee time in 30 minutes. What recommendations would I give college students, hmm good question. I would say stick with it, keep working hard, and also have fun.

One more question. What should students do about hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans? That’s a tuff question. I’m not too sure what I can say about this. I’m sorry I have to go.”

Driver, Just drop me off right here next to the bar. I wonder, what students should do about their student loan debt. The price of going to college is increasing every year. Students could get scholarships but there are only so many of those. And all the jobs that students will have a chance of getting will not pay enough right away for the students to pay off their loans and be able to live comfortably.

The only way possible for students to reduce the amount they pay in student loans is by decreasing the price of college. Well, at least the public schools. It has become too expensive for some people to even think about going to college. I think that I can do something about all this student loan debt. I have enough money to comfortably pay off all loans for the school I just went and spoke at. If I did this maybe other wealthy and influential people would follow my path and eliminate student loan debt.

If everyone who had over a couple of million dollars donated a percentage of their money towards student loan debt, the issue would be solved. For billionaires like me, a couple million dollars is nothing. If anything it is a good tax right off. At least I will be on Forbes.

My name is Akash Nigam and I am a freshman at Arizona Stat University. This piece is inspired by the essay “This Getaway Car Is from ‘Pimp My Ride’” by Ben Lyons. The topic of this essay is Student Loans and is a Humor/Proposal Essay. I jokingly propose billionaires paying all student loans