Love at first sight | Teen Ink

Love at first sight

May 22, 2008
By Anonymous

Standing in a distance stood a silhouette of a tall dark figure. As soon as my eyes began to adjust to the light a boy appeared and there in his right hand was a board, stretched from ground. He was mounted at the top of a ramp made of roughed up concrete and rusted metal rails, and getting ready to take his plunge into his next move. In a swift motion he kicks the board to position it under his right foot. He slowly shifts his weight, while concentrating on what trick he will attempt. In seconds he plunges into an art. He dives down, and slowly bends over to graze the floor with the tips of his smooth fingers, adding flare to the trick he will soon undertake. He bends his knees slightly getting ready to make his move. In a swift gesture he sprung from the ground as the board seemed to imitate his motion. It was as though time froze, he hung high in the air as the board seemed to do the work. It begins to twist, spin then in an instant landed on the surface with that once so tall black figure of a boy standing upon it with his head held high.


I was astonished by the way he moved, so fluent and serene. But was that really the reason for air to escape my lungs with a gasp and all my thoughts to become hazy? As he continued to draw near I froze, he was breathe taking. The closer he came, the more flawless he appeared to be. He stood tall, only a skinny boy, he had bright blue eyes and golden blonde hair with only the ends brushing against his slightly built shoulders, just when I thought he couldn’t be more perfect, his lips began to curl upward, leaving him with a smile of brilliant white teeth that left chills to spill slowly down my spine. It’s almost as if he slipped away from my dreams and entered into reality. To some he may just be seen as an average guy, but to me, he became my world.