Art Major This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It’s been difficult deciding where to go to college, but - even more important - what I want to do with my life. There is constant pressure from everyone to know, and know now. When I was younger, it wasn’t so scary. I could, on a whim, decide to be an animator, an author or a lawyer. It didn’t feel so final and I didn’t have to work toward my proclaimed goal.

Thankfully, I’ve figured out a lot during the last two years, and one of my goals is that I want to spend my life creating art, whether designs, illustrations or even fine art. The other is that I want to study at the School of Visual Arts in New York City.

There’s still a stereotype of the artist as a starving, struggling individual who usually has, or should get, a day job and a “real” goal in life. I’ve discovered that this isn’t true, which makes me thrilled - I can pursue something I love and prepare for a successful career, especially with all the opportunities in New York.

That’s essentially why I decided to look into SVA - not only does it seem like an amazing school, but the networking I can do there will help my dream of being successful come true.

SVA has everything I want in a school, from the majors I’m interested in to the location, faculty and options that will be important during my college years. It is more affordable than most private art colleges of this caliber, and the best part is that since I’ve applied to SVA, the school has displayed interest in me. The staff has been extremely helpful and talked to me on a personal level rather than treating me like a number.

Although I haven’t visited, I like what I see in their visually stunning brochures. I am really excited to attend in the fall!

Melody29Carlson said...
today at 10:05 am:
That is known that cash makes us independent. But what to do when someone does not have money? The only one way is to receive the business loans and just student loan.

BonnerMARION26 said...
Aug. 21 at 11:06 am:
Some time before, I needed to buy a house for my firm but I didn't earn enough cash and couldn't purchase anything. Thank God my comrade adviced to take the credit loans at reliable creditors. So, I acted that and used to be happy with my short term loan.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah, it's time to break down the struggling artist without two nickels to rub together. It's important to be happy in whatever we decide to do. The choices pertaining to the future we have to make are not easy, but finding something you like and then keeping hold of it---making sure that you are doing everything to make it happen---is important in the long run.