Dear Roommate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dear Roommate,

A few things you should know: I love Christmas music and am prone to breaking it out in early November. I am a heavy soda, water, and Gatorade drinker, but don’t worry, I always recycle.

I read. A lot. Often at odd hours of the night. I know how to work a flashlight so it shouldn’t be a problem. I have zillions of books for you to borrow if you want.

I am an avid Cup of Noodle customer, sometimes having it for dinner four times a week. If I turn into a Cup of Noodle like my mother predicts, please tell her that I didn’t suffer.

I love board games and I challenge you to a Sudoku race anytime, anywhere.

I’ve been told that I talk to myself too much. I promise to make you laugh. My dad gave me a Filipino nose and his passion for pranks. If you find your car filled to the brim with Styrofoam peanuts, forward all hate mail to him. He also gave me terrible eyesight. If I mistake you for a bedpost, please don’t take it personally.

I love answering machines and am known to change the recorded message weekly. I will probably wear socks with sandals at least once. If it bothers you, I’ll make sure not to tell people I’m your roommate.

I am what is known as Not a Morning Person. Not Morning People do not enjoy the hours before 10 a.m., unless there is a football game on. Not Morning People have no problem with other people getting up before 10 a.m., unless said people do something that would cause a Not Morning Person to wake up.

Lastly, I like long walks on the beach and cuddling. Just kidding. If you can put up with all of that – and as long as you’re not a Yankee or Patriots fan – I’d be honored to share my freshman year with you.

LauriMckee32 said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:01 am
If you are willing to buy a car, you would have to get the loan. Furthermore, my brother usually uses a secured loan, which supposes to be the most firm.

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 8:34 am
this is sooo cute and honest. I love it :) i hope you and your roommate get along splendidly :)

remembermeplz said...
I really like this cus it reminds me of my bestfriend Amy. =D

Tenthmuse said...
I love this! I wish you were my roomate.

--ramrams said...
I love it ! It's so original , and ... quirky ? Ahah , and so YOU ! It's amazing , just the way it is ! Kudos to you , and by the way , I would share freshman year with you anytime . (: