A Letter for my Roomie-to-be This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear roommate, who chose not to disclose your name or anything really, this is for you,

Whoever you are, I was really hoping you would have contacted me by now but at this point, with only 2 more days to go, chances are you’re not. Judging by the enormity of members on this page and the numbers growing every day, I think I can safely assume you’re one of them. There’s a few things I would like you to know. I’ll try to make it sweet, short and to the point, I promise.

1. I’m scared of the dark, so I hope you’re cool with me leaving my Wonderwoman nightlight on all night. Go ahead, lol. Also , I’m terrified of spiders and insects in general so you’re going to have to toughen up and kill them yourself because there is no way I’m going near one of those things!

2. I’m not one of those people that makes my bed everyday. I don’t know about you but I think that’s a total myth. Now don’t think I’m a total slob because I do make my bed, just not everyday.

3. It’s more than likely that I’m going to be a little homesick, so if you catch me in our room, curled up in a corner, sad and alone that’s your cue to go get me a pint of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I’m just messing with you, only do so if you want to (I particularly like Chunky Monkey the best). Anyhow, just understand I probably will definitely, most likely be a tad homesick.

4. I hope you share my love for all things pink, frilly and girly. Don’t worry, I’ll try to make it easy on you the first couple of weeks and just gradually increase the girliness in our room. (I know, I know it’s your room too so feel free to speak up and object to any of my crazy ideas) Oh and also, before I forget, if I get the sudden urge to rearrange the room at 3:00 am, don’t mind me.

5. If you have a guest(s) over and you need a little privacy, just say so or put a sock over the door or I don’t know, just create some sort of code, whatever. I’m not sure this really even applies to you but I thought I’d just throw that out there (I’ve heard way too many stories of roommates walking in on each other, eek). Anyhow, moving on from that awkward topic…

6. Please, please, please do not touch my stuff when I’m not in. If you need something, just ask.

7. Kind of going off of #6, my closet is going to be curtain-less for a little while. So my closet is pretty much going to be baring it all. If you feel tempted or somewhat compelled to take anything from my closet, just ask first. So if after reading #6 and #7, you still didn’t get the memo: Remember always ask first.

8. I’m not your mom (well I think that’s pretty obvious but whatever) so please clean up after yourself.

9. I don’t mind if you have friends over. Just try to keep it down, if I’m studying. I don’t really need total anarchy in my room when I’m trying to cram for a test.

10. I’m very easygoing and can tolerate A LOT, so you would have to do something just outright crazy or stupid for me to lose it.

11. Originally, I didn’t plan on a #11 but after going down the list, I realized that stopping at #10 would make me come off just a tad pyschotic so here’s a somewhat awkward #11 about a 50 year old man… If you share my love for Johnny Depp, we’re going to be great friends.

Anyway, that’s really all I can think of for now. See ya in 2 days! I hope your as eager to meet me as I am to meet you.

Sincerely,
Your roomie in Holly 227