The Badgers Head to the Rose Bowl | Teen Ink

The Badgers Head to the Rose Bowl

May 21, 2013
By fortunenicole12 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
fortunenicole12 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

January 2nd, 2012. The Wisconsin Badgers will be playing against California’s Stanford Cardinals. Wisconsin heads to the rose bowl with a record of eight wins and five loses; Stanford with 11 wins and two loses.

Wisconsin Badgers senior defensive back, Darius Feaster, comments on his last year playing for the badgers. “It feels great to go to my last bowl game! I think that I’ve had a great college experience as a student athlete and this is almost like my graduation from football. Going to the rose bowl is definitely a blessing and hopefully we can come away with a victory this time.”

The last time the Badgers went to the rose bowl was in 2008. They played the Oregon Ducks who defeated the Badgers 49 to 17.

The Rose Bowl is the Super Bowl of college football, every team dreams of having that Rose Bowl experience. The preparation leading up to the game, is no different than a regular season game.
“You prepare daily for a game like this. This game’s preparation is no different than any other game. You want to make sure you stay consistent from week to week as to what we do.” Feaster says. Though the preparation is no different, the emotions are. The team feels “excited, nervous and rowdy” all at the same time. For the seniors, sad is added to that list as this is the last time they will play college football with their former Badger teammates.
“I am very close with all of my teammates; they all have unique talents and abilities that make this team great.” Feaster says.

As the Badgers prepare to head to the Rose Bowl, we all sit and silently hope for the W on our records.