Dear President Barack Obama | Teen Ink

Dear President Barack Obama

By Julia Loaiza BRONZE, Phillips Ranch, California
Julia Loaiza BRONZE, Phillips Ranch, California

Dear President Barack Obama,

I am 13 years old and attend Middle School in California. Today in class we read your letter “What I Want for You—and Every Child in America. This letter was truly touching. I really like that you feel that every child should get a hardworking, challenging education because children should challenge themselves so that when they get older they will already know what to expect when they go to college, and get a degree so later on they can get a good, supportive job. Everybody should challenge themselves to get a good, supportive job because they should have no limits beyond their dreams and no achievements beyond their reach.

I think you are an amazing, brave, hardworking person. For one reason, you became the 44th president and you became the first African American President of the United States of America in one day, January 21, 2009. This means, as you said in your letter, you want people to work hard and right the wrongs so that they can give others the chances they have had. Now because you have become the first African American President of the United States other African Americans can have the chance to become president without being pressured.

One last thing I would like to say is CONGRADULATIONS on becoming the first African American President of the United States.

Sincerely,

Julia L.