Personal Narrative | Teen Ink

Personal Narrative

By Adsham BRONZE, Flower Mound., Texas
Adsham BRONZE, Flower Mound., Texas

My story purely revolves around failing at a sports i ironically pursued the most.

I started football at the early age of 7 years old, i always thought I had the potential to do anything I desired at this time but that was just me being a delusional little kid with false views on how the world truly worked. I certainly wasn’t the best as a starter in this particular sport but everyone supported me in my decision so I kept going to do what I loved the most. By the age of 13 I had already decided what I wanted to do in life, this concluded me to be locked in on my decision and throw all the eggs into the basket without a thought. This was my first mistake i failed to acknowledge. I went to 2 summer performance camps but,i wasn’t good enough. That same year everyone on my team seemed to be better,stronger & more devised.

This changed my perspective completely on how things truly process. No matter how hard you try or work,your always going to run into someone who is better than you in every physical and genetic aspect. People around the world fail to admit this and are putting themselves in a deeper hole due to the constant contradiction.  I was in this situation where I failed to let anyone be better than me & unfortunately me being arrogant led to my current situation on not playing any sports at all. My freshmen year I thought i was the best and required no practice in any form whatsoever,this did not last long as the people who were generally not as versatile as me and some others were,they did pass us in due time because i was supercilious. I certainly was not aware of the unintended consequence of me giving up something I loved doing at the current time.

This Story is a piece of what event has happened in my life that i will charish & never forget.