FORGOTTEN MEMORIES

Author's note: tell me if you think i shud continue this.
Author's note: tell me if you think i shud continue this.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

COLD SWEAT

I waited as my green eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness of my bedroom as I clapped and my light cut off. A slither of florescent moonlight crept through the spaces between my blinds leaving a striped pattern on the plush crème colored carpet. My head sunk deeper and deeper into the feather filled pillow as I relaxed , my silk sheets caressing the exposed skin of my legs, beckoning me into the horrific dreams I knew would occur as soon as I shut my eyes. It was always the same dream though as if
periwinkle
I wasn’t seeing something that I was supposed to before I awoke in the familiar cold sweat. I shut my eyes and as if on cue he was there, his hooded figure cloaked with darkness that clung to his body like a second skin. I was afraid but somehow deeply intrigued, and as I stared I realized my feet were moving bringing me closer, and still he just sat there his face enveloped in the endless midnight ink of darkness. I swallowed the lump that lye in my throat obstructing my airway. And just as I reach him he rises embracing me, his long fingers entwined in my billows of raven black hair that makes a halo around my face, and I look into his eyes and there black, all black, no whites. And he gives me a sick smile and I realize he is beautiful and as this thought is fresh in my mind the ground splits and the fiery depths of hell are beneath my feet, but I stay calm staring into the endless ebony of his irises. I whisper “your name, tell me your name.” and just as he opens his mouth to speak, I wake.
Sun poured through the window splashing on my face as I roll over facing it. My clothes are in a light coating of sweat and stick to my body, and my hair is matted to my head from tossing and turning. I look at my bedside clock, its 7:45. I rise from the Bountiless Mountains of pillows and blankets that entwine themselves into me, just as my door creaks open and my mothers head peaks in, a cheery smile plastered on her face.
“Rise and shine Venice, lets get our day on the road.” She chimes. I give her a small smile and stand up, my bare feet sinking into the carpet. “Breakfast is on the table and a little cash for a lunch plus a little something extra, I’m going to head out dad says he loves you.” She finishes.
“Kay mom thanks have a nice day at work, see you tonight.” I say running a hand through my hair, turning my back to the door as she exits closing it. I exhale aloud and walk over to my walk in closet to pick an outfit for the day. I click on the TV on the way, to see the weather, and as always in Biloxi Mississippi it was going to be hot.
I scavenged through the endless sea of tank tops that hung from various colored hangers and finally decided on a turquoise spaghetti strap, a pair of denim shorts, khaki messenger bag and a pair of white sandals that showed of my freshly manicured toes nicely.
I gathered my towel and washcloth and took a quick shower washing the sweat and fear from last night off. I dressed and grabbed my car keys and cascaded down the steps, there was a blueberry muffin on the table, two twenty dollar bills and a ten. Gas money, lunch money, and a snack after school. I bombarded out the front door my hands full, barely able to lock the door.
My silver range rover truck sat in the driveway the fresh paint glittering mesmerizingly in the beaming sun. I put the money in my back pocket, and hopped in the driver seat taking a bite of muffin and put my school books in the passenger seat. Vanillaroma air fresheners dangled mindlessly from my rearview mirror as I adjusted it. I stuck the key in the ignition and the sounds of drake’s voice blasted from the stereo. I buckled up and backed out, gliding down the street like a bullet cutting the air. My hair blew around my head furiously as the wind rushed through the open window; I rolled it up and hit the ac.
I turned down cryingwillow ave. where my best friend Skye lived, I picked him up everyday. I rolled into the driveway beeping the horn as he appeared from the front door backpack in hand his golden locks tousled, set ablaze in the coruscate sun. He smiled at me slightly jogging to the car as I moved my school books to the backseat floor. He opened the door and climbed in his crème colored Hollister shirt wrinkling, along with his khaki cargo shorts.
“Morning sunshine.” He said his perfect teeth glimmering as rays of light hit them.
“I wish it was goodnight, I dint get much sleep last night.” I told him as I backed out the drive.
“Was it the dream again?” he asked his smile fading into a grim line.
“Yea, I still don’t know what it means, but look I don’t want to talk about it.” I said taking a pair of sunglasses from the glove compartment and putting them on.
“Ok I understand.” He said reaching and turning the music up a bit louder.
Skye and I were such opposites. He was a blonde, my hair was jet black. He was a morning person, I wasn’t. he was perfect, I was odd.
I pulled in front of the student parking lot, and waited as three cars pulled in. I parked up in front right by the school entrance.
Skye got out as I locked the doors and retrieved my books from the back, school started at 8:10 we had 3 minutes. I rushed as he waited for me to catch up at the entrance.
Boundless River high school, my school. Me and Skye walked into the rambunctious hallway squeezing through rushing kids, and as always at Skye’s locker was marah, his clingy girlfriend. I sighed, as she glared at me and leaned on Skye’s locker.
“Be nice Venice you know how she is.” Skye whispered as we walked up.
“Hey Skye I missed you.” Marah said, flipping her straw yellow hair over her shoulders letting it wade by the small of her back.
“I missed you to marah, but we did just talk before I left my house.” He said.
Yes, left your house, with ….” She looked at me her hazel eyes slanted.
“Venice, im Venice and I’ve known you since we were in the fourth grade, so don’t act like you don’t know my name you spoiled brat.” I said giving her the most disgusted look I could conjure up. Marah had been my competition for years on end, who could get better grades, a better car, who had better hair, clothes, and I’d always be the winner, until she got the best prize, Skye.
“Skye! Are you going to let her speak to me that way?” marah yelled, a pouty look forming on her face.
“Venice I told you to be nice, please?” Skye said his hair falling into his eyes.
“Look I got to go, ill see you later Skye.” I said rushing away to first period anger burning through my veins.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

JordannaStarr said...
You should definitely continue you have me HOOKED. My only complaint is that you need to work on grammar, but otherwise, to be honest, this story is better than a lot of the ones I have read on iBooks.

Miss.Wierd said...
I like it very interesting so far you should keep writing.

Drakes-Grace said...
please keep continuing this book.i would very much like to read the rest.