A song for the dead

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Chapter one

It was a rainy day out and everything was grey. The clouds were building up and the thunder was crashing loudly. Lightning had struck one of my neighbor’s trees putting it on fire. It made my room fill with dark clouds of smoke. I was terrified. My mom hadn’t come home yet from work and my dad was home in his office. I was in my bed thinking about when my mom would come home, was she ok?
I then closed my window. Trying not to inhale the smoke, I had gotten a towel from the bathroom. Putting it at the bottom of my door kept the smoke from spreading. Tears were running down my face as I coughed walking to the window seat where my mom would comfort me when I was sad or having problems.
I heard the alarms of ambulances and fire trucks come. My eyes were red and more tears were coming down. Thoughts about my mom popped up again. It was 3 in the morning. I couldn’t stop thinking about what could happen or why she was still gone. The storm was still loud and the lightning was hitting the ground as if it was Armageddon or the ground was made out of metal. I soon fell asleep in my tears hoping I would still be alive tomorrow.