First Day

Author's note: I hope to share my experiences with the readers through this second novel, to establish a deep...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope to share my experiences with the readers through this second novel, to establish a deep connection bound with memories and/or current experiences in life that relate to my own.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Stunning Recollection

Returning to these places in my mind, I can't do much but hope you are the person I see in you. Your laugh is like a ray of sunshine. Your words are the stars in the golden clear night sky. You mean so much to me that if you didn't feel the same way it would be somewhat of a heartbreak, and I don't know what to think. Do you like me? Do you not like me? Why would you come see me when I go over my cousins' house if you didn't feel something? Why would you ask about me if nothing was there? No one thinks we will make it, or even start it for that matter. No one thinks you're the type of boy who'd like a girl like me. To be completely honest, I'm not so sure what you feel, never mind dealing with my own feelings and not knowing when I'll see you again. You have no idea how the thought of you transforms a gloomy day into a cloudless night or a veil of tears into a halo of smiles. ----------17 You are my first love and this will never change, this I can never forget. ----------18 Epilogue I'm broken, gone, lost to the world, And the wind howls an ominous scream. My sobs are irrecognizable. I'd like to think this isn't happening, that I am in a dream. Do you know what it's like to feel so alone? Do you know what it's like to feel so hurt by the world and everyone in it and not know why? But when it stops, when there are no more tears, I take deep breaths, wishing you were here. Wishing with all my heart and soul, that you would feel the way I do. You cheer me up when I am down. You give me strength when I have none. You give me a boost of faith when I need to believe in something. You pop into my mind when I need you the most, and Even if you are not really here by my side, they still count: the memories I have. I can only hope that one day you will notice it too, and truly feel the way I do. ----------20 Dedication This book is dedicated to my secret first love Jerry Jacques (Jay Nerdy) for giving me something to hold onto that is real and true, and for letting me know I can believe in you, and maybe one day, you'll believe in me too. I can't forget Ms. Lol (Ms. Ganz) for encouraging me to ask Jerry to my birthday party. I'm not sure if I would have ever asked for fear of rejection, but she gave me the support and positive reinforcement that was needed to finalize my decision. ----------21 About The Author Precious Noemi P. is a visually impaired girl from Chelsea, Massachusetts with a passion for singing and writing, she is a published author. Born in Boston, Massachusetts, she has faced difficult encounters with people who do not understand the term "blind." Precious always says: "It's not blindness, it's a blessing, and its part of who I am, God made me this way for a reason." She refuses to let her visual impairment get in the way of anything. She can do everything everyone else can do, and does not take "No" for an answer or let anyone tell her otherwise.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

jazzyb said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm:
it is a really good prologue it makes sense and it really hooks me and makes me want to keep reading