First Day

Author's note: I hope to share my experiences with the readers through this second novel, to establish a deep...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope to share my experiences with the readers through this second novel, to establish a deep connection bound with memories and/or current experiences in life that relate to my own.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

The Day I Met You

----------7
The same disheartening boredom drifted through my mind as I paced the lot from one side to the other with my occasionally idling cellphone at my ear and nervous eyes on my back as I maneuvered the best I could without my white cane to guide me. After sitting for so long, I found that a nice stretch would release the cramped tension in my stiff muscles and give me an alternatative to twiddling my thumbs. Having ended my last call, I tilted my head to the sky and inhaled the comfortable night air deeply, allowing my blow-dried dark brown hair to stream and stray, tossed in every dirrection.

"Are you bored?"

By the blank expression upon my face, there was no doubt that my aunt knew exactly how I felt, there was no doubt that everyone did.

"Yes." I replied with as much expression in my voice as there was on my face.
----------8

"Would you like to go for a walk with your cousin?"

"Sure."

No sooner than my tentative response was received was my left hand wrapped around the back of the birthday girl's forearm as she led me around the block. A sense of anxiety washed over me as the passing cars seemed to slow when they neared us. My stomach turned to knots, and I gripped her arm just a little tighter. The sweet essence of fried Chinese food eminated from the small storefront and open door of Hong Kong City as we passed. Time and time again I confessed my unease. This lasted only until I heard your voice.
----------9

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

jazzyb said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm:
it is a really good prologue it makes sense and it really hooks me and makes me want to keep reading