Tree Talk

Author's note: I wrote this when i was in fourth grade not my best piece but it is something i believe is real
Author's note: I wrote this when i was in fourth grade not my best piece but it is something i believe is real  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

The Beginning

The language of trees has been around forever though sadly now only a few trees speak it. Sarah and the rest of the trees with the language have worked hard over the years to mentor students and become their blood trees so they too can speak the language. Everything speaks their own language but the old language of the trees was the very first one and one that every creature deep inside has a knowledge that just has to be awaken. What is sad though that other trees can’t wake other trees. The trees without the language can be taught how to speak it to other trees but never to anything else. This is mainly due to a time long, long ago when there was the one tree whose name has long been forgotten, lead a revolution. He was a tall young oak full of ideas. He was great at talking and speaking he could get about anyone to do what he said. Soon trees started whispering he had not chosen a blood human or even mentored any. This was a shameful thing. One day he told the southern wind give the message to every tree let them come a join me.
The southern wind was still young much younger then the north wind took the message and gave it to as many tree as she could, telling them “look at those humans to they ever say thank you for teaching me? No, they pull our branches and kill us to warm themselves. They do not care about us they are a small minded race nothing matter to them but themselves. Join me and quit the connection to them let them learn how to thrive alone let them die and starve. Let them teach themselves. They are not worthy to speak our language.”
Many trees stopped talking to the humans and then decided not to pass down the language to the children. They did not want the humans ever to gain the secret of speak ever again so they cut the ties there. Than as quickly as the tall oak appeared he disappeared surrounded by trees that too stopped speaking to humans and the language all together.
He was right the humans did suffer and were angry that the trees no longer spoke to them. The humans did not want to do everything themselves they wanted to be taught how to do it step by step and for someone always to be there to help them if need be.
Some trees did not receive the message and continued to speak to the humans. These trees were shunned. The language only survived because a few of the trees taught their children in secret. Later all the trees regretted their decision and the young ones dream of the language they could never speak.
Now these trees that can’t speak the language are looked down upon by the others and pitied. Those trees could never become blood with a human which was a great deed and honor. The damage was done though and now only female trees can talk with human girls and male trees with human boys. Female trees can still talk to their apprentices trough male trees though, and much of the humans cannot speak it or lose the gift of speak as they grow older because they think it is a childish fantasy.