New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Ireland's Call

Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of Ireland and the Irish people.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Gabe' to the Rescue

The week went slow, and it was terrible. Danielle was called on Saturday night as an escort to this man’s brothers’ wedding. This man had a mean glare in his eye and bourbon on his breath. He was a mean drunk and was obviously looking for someone to relieve him of his needs. She went home with this man after the wedding and went into the bathroom to prepare for the “after party” portion of her job. Upon her arrival into the bedroom of that evil man’s apartment, she was hit from the back.
This chapter shows Gabe's affectionate side.
The man had smacked the back of her head and slammed her to the ground. Now this wasn’t the first time she’d had a mean man for a client, but this is the first time they had actually taken it to a physical level. He climbed on top of her and she began to kick and scream. She was throwing fists and trying her best to get to her pager to reach Russ. The man slammed her back down to the floor by her neck and swung a powerful hit, nailing her in the left eye and knocking her out.
When she woke up she was in Russ’ Place, lying on the couch of the main floor. She wobbled her way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her whole eye was purple and black and swollen all the way around. She had bruised handprints on her arms, and fingerprints on her hips and neck. She went home, jumped in the shower, put on some clean clothes but still felt disgusting, and sluggishly headed off to the coffee shop. Danielle was extremely embarrassed to be in public. She had a sweatshirt on with the hood pulled way up, to cover as much of her face as possible. It only took her about twelve or thirteen minutes to get to the coffee shop, and when she went up to the counter, the barista faintly shook her head and pointed to the chairs by the window. Gabriel was already there with two coffees sitting on the table in front of him. Danielle walked over and tapped him on the shoulder.
“Jesus!” shuttered Gabe. “What happened? Who the hell did this to you?”
“If I could tell you, I would,” she whispered as she took a seat.
“No! You can! Tell me who did this..” Gabe said, frustrated.
“I honestly don’t know. I know the first name, but there isn’t anything I can do. It’s a part of my job,” Danielle muttered.
“Unless you are a Police Officer, that’s no excuse,” exclaimed Gabe. “Here, let’s get you home, you need to ice that.”
Danielle tried to crack a smile to show her appreciation, but instead her eyes filled with tears as Gabe wrapped his arm around her and led her out of the coffee shop. Danielle told him how to get to her apartment, and Gabe escorted her home. Before entering the building, she stopped and looked up into his eyes. She smiled, as she studied the look he was giving.
“You can trust me, I promise,” said Gabriel, “I won’t tell a soul”!
Danielle led him up the stairs, cautiously and nervously to her third floor apartment and jumbled the keys until she found the one to unlock her front door. He was the first man that was in her apartment since her husband had left. Gabriel locked the front door behind them and grabbed Danielle’s hand as he led her to the couch.
“Please, lie down. I’ll get you some ice. Where are your pillows?” Gabe asked.
“The ice is in the freezer, and there are pillows and a blanket on my bed, the bedroom is straight through the kitchen, passed the dining room,” said Danielle.
Gabe hurried through the house as quickly as he could without jogging. He first grabbed two pillows, the comforter off the bed, and then an ice pack out of the freezer. He propped Danielle’s head up on one pillow and covered her with the blanket. He dragged a chair from the dining table into the living room and over to the couch, he assured Danielle that she was perfectly safe now and could fall asleep. As Danielle got comfortable, she began to tell Gabriel about her and her husband, and how he left her with no warning. She started sobbing when she told him about how she tried getting in touch with him and there was absolutely no luck. Danielle couldn’t help but notice the most sympathetic look in Gabe’s eyes.

alex198 said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 9:06 am:
Awww....that was such a sweet story. I loved how it started really sad and then she met Gabe and things just kept getting better from there :) I felt sorry for James though, maybe you could do another story about him and have him find someone new too, and survive his deadly disease of course :) Anyway I LOVED it!

GLee_LuverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm :
Yo, Alex, spoiler alert!