Ireland's Call

Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of Ireland and the Irish people.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next »

The Man from the Coffee Shop

Danielle made enough money to pay rent, bills, and feed and clothe her. But she was nowhere near happy. She felt dirty, used, and just all around worthless. Six months had gone by since her husband left and it was becoming less of an importance to her. During her time spent at the coffee shop she began to notice a man with short shaggy brown hair, glowing green eyes, and a trimmed five o’clock shadow. The man turned and caught Danielle staring one day and it had embarrassed her. Week after week,
This chapter introduces one of my main characters, Gabriel.
she had seen this man here at the coffee shop. “He’s gorgeous,” was all she could think, but she’d always scold herself, feeling as if James could hear her thoughts, wherever he was. The gorgeous man continuously tried to approach her, but Danielle would always dash out of the coffee shop before he had the chance to reach her. One day, he caught her off guard, she hadn’t realized that he was there and she went over to her spot by the window and made herself comfortable. Mr. Gorgeous decided to take a chance, and he silently drifted over to where she was sitting. He walked over and sat in the chair that Danielle had her feet up on barely even two minutes before. He sat, staring at her with a sarcastic grin, while she attempted to avoid eye contact and hid her shy smile by pressing her coffee cup lightly to her lips. He gave her a teeth baring smile and introduced himself.
“Hello”, he said. “I’m Gabriel, Gabe for short. I figured I’d come over and introduce myself since I’m sure we’ve met before.”
“Oh no!” she thought to herself, “I didn’t…” She figured he’d gotten her as an escort and she just didn’t seem to remember.
“Are you sure? I think I’d remember that accent, it’s not so easy to cover up I’d bet,” she played off to see where the conversation led.
Gabriel chuckled, and took a swig of his coffee. He turned to glance out of the coffee shop window, “It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?”
Danielle looked, and nodded in agreement.
“And your name is..?” he asked her.
“Danielle,” she replied, and she took another sip of her coffee. “So how is it that we know each other?”
“Well, I see you in here every Sunday,” he paused, “sitting here staring out that window. I come in on my days off and I figured you did too. And really, I just wanted a reason to introduce myself.”
“Oh,” said Danielle, wondering what was wrong with this man, there was no way he could be this kind and be real.
Danielle found herself caught up talking with Gabe for hours at the shop. By the time she finally took a moment to glance at the clock it was a quarter to seven. She dismissed herself with a brief goodbye and headed home, making an agreement to show up at the same time next Sunday. She walked out of the coffee shop, leaving Gabe behind, blushing like a child still sitting in that chair.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!