Ireland's Call

Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of Ireland and the Irish people.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

End of a Search, Start of a New Life

So Danielle did just what he had asked. When she woke up the next morning he wasn’t lying beside her. His side of the bed was completely untouched. She tried calling his cell phone, and it had been shut off. She rang the secretary at his work and she said there was no meeting the night before. Danielle’s body shook, heading into panic mode. She called all of the hospitals in the area; yet none of them had seen him. She called the police station and got the same results from them. She fought for
This kind of shows Danielle attempting to suck it up a little and move on.
hours with the police station but they continued to refuse to file a missing persons report. The officer at the front desk told her that since James was a grown man, over the age of eighteen, he could pick up and leave whenever he felt like it and that he didn’t need to notify anyone. Being that there was absolutely no evidence leading on that he was murdered, or that he was in an accident of some sort. So therefore, they could not file a missing persons report because in their eyes, there was no real cause for one.
For days Danielle waited by the phone, butterflies filled her body and a painful numbness came over her as she wept. She refused to eat and didn’t want to leave her apartment; she was convinced that James would be home at any moment. That he would be unlocking the door and resting on the couch. Her mail was brought up to her by her sister, Izzy. Somewhere in that pile of mail was her rent bill. It was due, and Danielle broke down in tears. James left her with nothing, no money, and no job, absolutely nothing for her to fall back on! Izzy lent Danielle two months worth of money to pay rent and feed herself with. A month had passed by since Izzy began staying with Danielle, but she couldn’t stay any longer, it was time for her to head home, back to her family. Izzy encouraged Danielle to get out of the apartment and look for work. Day after day she returned jobless, which only made her eyes fill up with tears that burned and made her long for someone to curl up beside in bed.

alex198 said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 9:06 am:
Awww....that was such a sweet story. I loved how it started really sad and then she met Gabe and things just kept getting better from there :) I felt sorry for James though, maybe you could do another story about him and have him find someone new too, and survive his deadly disease of course :) Anyway I LOVED it!

GLee_Luver replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm :
Yo, Alex, spoiler alert!