New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

How To Be Popular

Author's note: What inspired me to write this is my crush getting a girl friend and how my friends tried to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me to write this is my crush getting a girl friend and how my friends tried to brake them up but yet now i know he wasn't worth any of my time, heres to you dude!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Chapter One: Mistakes

Ugh What can I say, it’s a talent. A talent that I use to often in the art of screwing up. “ Missy J!” my mom yelled. And it was normal for her to do that. I ran downstairs as quick as I could and I almost crashed onto Charlie, my dog. I could tell she was going to yell about something I did or said. “ What is this about you being obsessed about some guy?” she asked, but I could feel the anger in her voice. I knew this sounded bad but, as my friends say, I’m a devoted crush and may have
this is kinda true except it was on the guys channel NOT the girl friends channel in real life
crossed the line sometime. ‘What! Who said that!?” I exclaimed as I looked at the computer screen. And yes, I knew it. It was Dona who had posted it on Facebook. Oh I just LOVE Facebook! A place for people to say rude things about each other. And the sad thing is it got twenty-four likes and twelve comments. “ So you still have a crush on Rick!” my mom exclaimed.

I must say she is persistent to make me move on from him. “That’s…well…true..but… what if he asks me out and..” But before I could finish I remembered everything in fifth grade, the teasing, the harassment, the songs, and of course his face. He was haunting me. Only because I made a mistake by trying to make him like me instead of Veira, who of course was in the popular clique. I ran up stairs, this time not crashing into Charlie, and then going to bed. But tomorrow was a school day and I had to prepare for the encounter of the popular kind.

GamerGirl said...
lol i did write this when i was younger.. but it isnt one of my best...

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The chapters are really short and the prose could use a bit of work, but you have some skill :D

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA under the novels tab.

StephanieY replied...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 7:09 pm :
i agree with you

sadie912This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 6:04 am:
i'm sorry but this seriosuly sounds like it was written by a ten year old . there's some potential but just ... oh my god .

GamerGirl replied...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 2:46 pm :
lol i actually did write this when i was ten and i was the best writer in my class so thx :)

flyingpinkgiraffesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm :
seriously.  this is for constructive critisism.  how is that in any way constructive??

GamerGirl replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm :
wait to me or that Sadie person?? 

GamerGirl said...
just to say this isnt about a specific person. ok mostly one but some others!

MitchelZand said...
^_^ Keep writing, Justine.

GamerGirl replied...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm :

lol 

thanks Michael!

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 8:55 am:
Very well written, I like it alot ^-^ keep writing <3