The Life of an Abstract Student

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Who Am I?

Who am I? That’s a question that I have asked myself since I was in about 4th grade. Technically, I am Emily M. I was born in Pennsylvania and was there until I was 6. When I was 7, my mom and stepdad moved us to Illinois. For 11 years, I lived in Germantown Hills, Illinois with my mom, sister, dog, and my stepdad. Now, I live in Metamora, Illinois with my boyfriend, his mom, his dad, his younger brother, his ferret, and his two dogs. I went to Germantown Hills Elementary School up until around 2007 when I moved up to the middle school. In middle school I was a brainy kid and an athlete. I was in service club, art, chorus, softball, and track. When eighth grade rolled around, I had quit art, chorus, and service club. I only did softball and track, but I was still really smart. I didn’t like school, but I was good at it. When it came to homework, it was one of the only things that I could control.
In life, I want to be able to be myself without being judged. I want to be the first person in my family to graduate high school and go off to college. I want to do something meaningful with the life I have been given. This year, my goal was to be a better version of myself. The past three years were not very fun for me. A lot of things went down and my grades suffered as well. This year, I wanted to be able to keep my grades up and balance school and work. However, it seems like the only thing that I’m struggling to do is keep my at home issues out of school and my school issues away from home.
I want to go off and become a developmental psychologist. I want to be able to help little kids who have gone through similar things to what I have gone through. I want to be able to use what I went through to help people and prevent them from going through all the struggles that I ended up going through because there was no one there to help me when I needed it. I don't want anyone else to feel like they are going through their tough times alone. I want this year to teach me that I need to be more patient when it comes to the wellbeing of those around me. I also want this year to teach me to manage my time a little better. I have always struggled with getting big projects done on time and papers turned in when they are due. This year, I hope to actually finish things when they need to be done and cherish my in-class time to work on a project. I hope to come out of this year being a better person overall with a better learning strategy and more motivation to get things done and turned in when they should be instead of turning them in two weeks after they were do and hoping for the best.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »