Death of a Orchid

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter 4

After school was over, I went to Desiree’s grave. During art class I drew a picture and it was specifically for her, no one else. It was a picture of a blooming orchid. Orchids were her favorite flower. I sat there for a bit. when I left, it was 4:30 and i had to get home and do my homework. When I got home it was 5:00. Ever since her death I have not been eating and my parents were obviously scared because of it. “Cheyanne, where have you been? It’s been two hours since school had ended.” My mother says as she walks in wiping her hands on her appren, she was probably making dinner. Not answering her I just go upstairs. I did not look at her but I can tell that she was upset that I did not answer her. It has been a week and all that I have eaten was only a couple of crackers. When I get to my room I locked the door. I set my bag onto the hook that is on my door. When I went to face my bed I saw that there was fifty dollars on my bed with a note. I picked up the note and it said “Dear Cheyanne, I know you have not been eating that much and you need some new clothing. Take this money and go to the mall. Love Dad.” I just throw the note into the trash. I then went onto the firescape, it was my favorite place in the world. I would sit there for the rest of my life if I could.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!