Death of a Orchid

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Chapter 2

It all started when me and Desiree were walking home from a study session at a friends house. We heard voices but we didn’t think anything of it. Then I heard my name being called so I turned around. They were right on us. A guy pulled out a gun and in the blink of the eye it went off. I thought they shot me but, I looked over and i saw it. Desiree was lying on the ground. They ran away. She was already gone, no last words. I fell down crying knowing my best friend was gone. Dead! I looked at her and saw she was holding onto the necklace I gave her. I told her that I will avenge her.
A few days later was her funeral and I was to speak. Her mother said that I could stay and sleep in Desiree’s old room. I said thanks but no thanks, I couldn’t live in the room my dead friend slept in. I will be living with my cousin until I get my own place. When I got to the funeral home, I went in and I saw it was an open casket. I walked up to it and when I saw her it was too much. I ran to the restroom. I had taken her necklace that night and I had it in my purse. I took it out and held onto it. When I finally went out it was time for me to speak. I walked to the stand and stood there for a bit, thinking about what I should say. I finally said “Hello everyone. I never thought that I would be up here. Where do I start? Desiree was the best person I have ever met. She was always there. I have known her for so long, she was like a sister to me. No matter what she would always be there for her friends and family. When my parents kicked me out, she opened her home to me, that is a debt I could never repay…” I should go on but it’s to painful. I ran out of the funeral home. Being there was too much for me. So, I stayed outside for the rest of the funeral. I thought to myself that in a few days I will have to go back to school. I don’t know if I could do that.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!