Mariah | Teen Ink

Mariah

By Timmydathird, MiddleTown, Delaware
Timmydathird, MiddleTown, Delaware

¨To think outside the box, you have to know whats in the box¨ but I say , why not create my own box.

Author's note:

This story just randomly came together in my mind as if I had wrote it based off of a movie.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

"the fastest way to a man's heart is six inches of steel between his ribs. Four inches will do, but six inches is better. People who say size doesn't matter have seen too many small knives."

-Mariah Loraye

My name is Mariah Loraye. I spent 14 years of my life as a regular, active, caring , innocent female. Those years i can never get back. Those years i would… kill for. I would have said those years i would die for but… i'm already dead, what is there left for me to do between life and death, or between letting others live or die. Your lives are truly in my hands! Anyway, don't you just love the sound of endless screaming? Or the smell of fresh blood from those proclaimed to be innocent? Wow! Its nothing like it right? You're probably wondering why am i so violent or why have i become this way. Well have you ever smashed an insect outdoors in his own habitat? Have you ever neglected a plant or bush in your front yard until it was shriveled into brown crunchy crumbs. Life is life, death is death , RIGHT? Well let me take you back to the night that changed me forever, and lets see if the story changes you.

“A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption.”
― Guy de Maupassant, Le Horla et autres contes fantastiques

New York,Brooklyn (9:27 a.m, Saturday, October 6th)

¨Mariah! Wake up so you can finish your laundry, Mom said I can't go to the game until my laundry is done and i have to wait for you to finish,¨Mike says in an exciting but serious way.

¨Dont rush me¨, I said calmly in my weak tired voice. ¨Your laundry day was yesterday, so dont even try to rush me right now. I’ll finish my laundry once I feel like waking up¨.

¨Whatever Mariah! Imma remember this s***!¨ he exclaimed as he stormed out of my room!

I layed in my bed comfortable yet annoyed that people in my house were even up. I eased my way out of my comfortable twin bed and made my way to the living room. As I walked in I remembered that James Wilson, a guy I was madly in love with was attending the game and most importantly was going alone. Don't ask how I knew that , but now I had one problem, and that was asking my brother could i go to the game with him,his friend Tommy, and Tommy's girlfriend. My brothers friend Tommy was on the Varsity basketball team and injured his ankle that took him out for a few months, and his girlfriend was pretty and innocent looking , but on a low she was very dangerous , equipped with knives , guns , and all types of deadly gadgets. I had to ask my brother before it got too late. I didn't know how i was gonna pull this off but, it was definitely worth a try.

"Mike" I called as I eased my way into the living room. "Mike?"

"Mariah , if your not finished your laundry don't even talk to me right now"

"I'll finish if....."

My brother cut me off instantly!

"It's always a if with you, why can't you just finish your laundry so I can go out tonight! Damn man!"

"Tim please I will finish my laundry right now if you please just take me with you , I'll never ask you for anything else again in life,"I exclaimed.

Tim sat there for a minute looking in a complete different direction than me , and remained silent. Then he began to speak to me with his head still facing away from me.

"You can come,"he mumbled.

"Huh?" I asked.

"YOU CAN COME MARIAH ! NOW FINISH YOUR LAUNDRY OR NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE TONIGHT!¨

Now, normally if he yelled at me like that I would go back and forth with him until he felt weak and brainless , but this time. I was so amped and excited that I just hurried to our laundry room and continued my laundry as quick as possible. I even combined a few loads together.
Did I mention that the game started at 4? After me and my brother had both finished our laundry it was about 12:10 p.m. I was so ready to leave and have a great time , and most importantly ,I was ready to see James Wilson.

(2:47 p.m)

Now full of relief that my laundry had been completed, and my brother only had one more load to complete , I bustled to my room to pick out a stylish but warm outfit so I wouldn't be cold at the game. While trying on clothes I practiced on how I would approach James.

¨Hey cutie , hows it going?¨ I said while looking in my mirror.

¨MARIAH, LETS GO!¨ my brother yelled.

I looked at my alarm clock and realized that it was 40 minutes after 3. I hurried down stairs like Flash to the rescue, and we left out the front door.

We stood at the bus stop,pacing back and forth , anticipating on when the bus would arrive to get us to the game.

¨What time is it Mike,¨ I asked anxiously.

¨4:10, where the hell is this bus at?¨ my brother blurted out.

We stood a little longer and we glanced to our right and saw the bus making its way from a distance towards us. Then I remembered that my brothers friend Tommy was supposed to be coming with us.

¨Mike , where is Tommy? Isn't he coming with us?¨

¨He took the earlier bus , he should be at the game already¨.

The bus approached us and it appeared to be dark. As i looked closely I could see that the bus was so packed that you could not see out the opposite window. The bus driver continued to drive passed us and he must've seen our faces of disbelief .

¨THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER  BUS SHORTLY BEHIND ME!¨ The bus driver yelled.

¨YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!¨ my brother yelled in anger and disbelief.

Time passed as we waited on the second bus. My brother glanced at his phone.

¨4:37¨ he said in a disappointed way.

A few more minutes passed , and all of a sudden we could see the second bus from a distance making its way towards us at a pretty steady pace. When the bus pulled up to us we paid our fare and quickly walked towards the back where there were empty seats available.
    Traffic on top of traffic we ran into. By the time we were halfway there it was already 5:17. I could only picture in my head how exciting and packed the football game probably was right now. The game only normally last about 2 hours at the most, and we already missed well over half.
  We approached the school and could see flocks of people leaving.

¨Maybe theyre leaving because its a blow out ,¨my brother said in an unsure way.

We hurried to the field and saw about 2 people making their way out of the stadium.

¨MIKE! MIKE,¨ someone yelled from a distance.

¨MIKE OVER HERE!¨

My brother and I looked towards where the voice was coming from. It was my brothers friend Tommy, jogging towards us. After a few seconds he finally got within reach with us.

¨You guys missed a good one.¨ Tommy exclaimed.

My brother glanced at his phone and saw that the time had said 6:11.

¨Man I dont even want to talk about it¨, my brother mumbled as he plopped himself freely on the empty bleachers, leaving his friend and I in an awkward silence.

¨Hey Mariah¨ Tommy said nervously.
Instead of replying I started making my way towards my brother on the bleachers, but suddenly I felt a tug on my wrist.

¨Come here¨ he said to me softly in a very different tone, as if it was a secret.

I felt myself becoming soft and vulnerable towards Tommy in a different way , and I slowly began to see things about him that attracted me that I never seen before. We began to talk and walk towards the bleachers as my brother sat in disappointment

¨Cheer up bro,¨ Tommy said happily while resting his hand on my shoulder.

My brother looked at us and gave no response. Instead he began to leave the field at a steady pace making his way to the parking lot. Tom and myself were now sitting on the bleachers by ourselves speechless, as if we were trying to read each others mind. Tom began to pace his hand back and forth on my thigh, each time moving further back and forth. I began to lose myself, gaining a feeling that I never had felt before. Feeling like chocolate melting over a small fire , I began to rest my head on his chest. I felt his lips begin to kiss me on my neck and slowly move up closer and closer towards my lips. We began to kiss , and he began to unclothe me. Mind totally blank i let him < and he proceeded to kiss on me and remove my clothes.

¨Tom¨ i mumbled. ¨Tommy I don't want to do this,¨i eased out.

¨Itll be ok,¨he whispered. ¨I got you¨

He turned me to face away from him . I began to feel like i was no longer in control. Like i had never even  had control. As I was in his arms i began to feel a pain , yet a sensation.

¨No,¨ i mumbled. ¨Stop,¨ i said a little stronger.

He never said a word, he just grabbed me tighter and proceeded with his actions. I began to try to pull away , and he grabbed my hair pulling back towards him.

¨Dont make a sound, or I will kill you¨ he whispered in my ear.

Feeling disgusted all I could feel was him pulling me and pushing me back and forth against him. I began to feel tears rush down my face. Every time I would try to say something its like my words were swallowed back down and left me speechless. I felt a little strength in myself to pull away and try to run. I felt a strike from his hand connect to my temple.

BLack.

All i seen was Black. Unconscious i lied in the bleachers soon to wake up to my brother attempting to wake me up.

¨Mariah?, What happened?¨

Thoughts of my brother leaving me alone began to sprint through my head. As my brother went to help me up I used all my strength and pushed him down the bleachers. I felt excitement as i watched his skull crack against the metal, causing him to bleed out to death.As I began to make sense of what happened, a part of me felt good, in a very strange way. The feeling of butterflies in your stomach due to excitement. All I could think of was Tommy and what I would do to him once I seen him, but for now i was content. I gathered my clothes and laid them out next to my brothers body. I lied down on them and laid my arm over my brothers body , and began to whisper to him.

¨I love you,¨ I whispered. ¨Answer me,¨ I said in a normal tone, as if I expected him to respond.
I began to laugh. I rose to my feet , still without clothes , and I began to walk off the field.

BANG!

My body dropped.