New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Do You Believe in Ghosts? A True Story?

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

CHAPTER 1 - DO YOU BELIEVE?

It had to be in late November when this happened. We were all scared of this house. We had worked on this for probably two months. Every time we came, bad things would happen. I thought that someone was trying to kill us every day. I never believed in ghosts until I came to this house. So the question is to you...Do YOU believe in Ghosts?

My mom and dad are handyman-workers. They do jobs and estimates almost everyday. They have never backed down from a job. Never! But, when they did work in this house, they backed down. This women, wanted her house painted, in Montgomery County Pennsylvania. My mom had known her, probably for four years. Maybe more. Her house was a pretty stone rancher. Outside, it had rose bushes lined up in the flowerbed, a front brick walkway that led to the front porch and the flower beds were filled with Begonias, Impatience and Salvia which gave the house, a little pop. Inside the house, there were beautiful cherry cabinets in the kitchen, crown molding and chair rail in almost every room. There was beautiful fluted trim that surrounded the doors and windows. The house also had wide baseboards on gorgeous oak hardwood floors in every room. The house was very inviting and welcoming.

The job was to put a fresh coat of paint on the walls, ceilings, and all the trim, to spruce things up. The house had been empty for several years before she bought it. The homeowner was living in a horrible section in Philadelphia called Logan. Trust me; you wouldn’t want to live in that part of the city. This house became available and she bought it. Eighteen months later, my mom started the job. The house had seemed so different now. The Rose bushes had been taken out of the flower bed. All that was left was frost. Well it was December anyway. The pretty little rancher wasn’t welcoming anymore. Inside the house, the furniture was gone. Deep scratches were on the walls and trim. The house was a mess. Cob webs were in almost every room. It was dirty and disgusting.

My mom took down the blinds and curtain rods, and put them in the basement. It took several trips for all of them to go down. The basement was empty except for the dining room chairs that were down there and they were covered with sheets. As my mom was coming back up the last time from the basement, she got an eerie feeling. She felt almost sick to her stomach and there was a very odd smell. She couldn’t identify the smell, it was just awful. When she got up into the kitchen the feeling passed, and so did the smell. She didn’t go back downstairs to the basement for the rest of this job.

When you paint, the first thing to do is prep a room. The switch plate covers have to come down, any hooks on the walls should be removed, dust webs have to be wiped away and the woodwork should be washed down. Anything that can be removed to make the job easier should be taken down. My mom had notice that in every closet their were at least four or five coat hooks, and every single coat hook was snapped off. The thing that remained was only the bracket with the two screws holding it to the closet frame. These were solid metal hooks, not some cheap piece of plastic. Something very strong had to snap the hooks off. But what?

Josie L. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22 at 7:32 pm:
Are there any pictures? I'm starting to get scared.

BananaSlugs1234 said...
I read this book everyday and it never gets old.  PERFECT for HALLOWEEN! :)

BananaSlugs1234 said...
I Love this book.  The author wrote this so well :)

BananaSlugs1234 said...
Awsome book.  Really good stuff.

BananaSlugs1234 said...
I read this book everyday i love the book

BananaSlugs1234 said...
I cannot leave this page.  I love this book.  Its perfect for halloween.  It gives the kids a little scare

5 dogs said...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:26 am:
Stimulating enough to make me wonder if there be something beside us out thrtr

Frankford said...
Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:25 am:
An excellent story. Interesting and written extremely well

BananaSlugs1234 said...
This book is so well written.  I really hope it goes on Teen Ink Magazine.

Frankford19 said...
Great reading. Keep up the good work.

Frankford said...
I don't believe in ghosts, but maybe I should changs my thinking. Good read. Interesting and well written.

taz ow said...
Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:29 am:
Good writing

MissyMiss said...
Awesome!! Really scary! I'll be looking over my shoulder the next time I paint the walls, you betcha!

Josie L. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 22 at 7:38 pm :
I'm scared like you too.

Tazzbow said...
Gwen story is very good and exciting. She grabs your attention, wanting you to read more.

BananaSlugs1234 said...
I really like this book. It's perfect because Halloween is coming and it gives the readers on the edge of there seats wondering what will happen next.