New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Hunting

Author's note: I hope people will veiw the world differently after reading this and it will help them wonder...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope people will veiw the world differently after reading this and it will help them wonder about these same things as well.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Stalked

It was a cool, breezy night in October; the sky was red in a sailors delight. There was a delicate mist in the air blowing across the corn fields in Kansas. It had felt like I had been running forever, miles away from home. I ran into this field to hide from my Pursuers, haunting me ever since I turned 17. I was dehydrated, and hungry. I pulled off a shuck to a head of corn and kept moving, being sure not to stop for even a second at the fear that they would figure out my placement in the corn. I ate the bits, even though raw corn isn’t satisfying to the stomach, it was still something. My legs ache, I check my watch for the time and it was 11:46 P.M. there was no turning back, by now my house would be swarming with the allies of the enemy. Where was I to go? It was almost an hour past curfew and I couldn’t even see 2 feet in front of my face. I began to panic, though I knew at this time it wouldn’t be the best. I was getting light headed; I smelt an intensifying amount of gas. Then I began smelling smoke. I looked up at the horizon only to realize they had lit the field on fire, and it was being quickly engulfed in flames. It was like they were hunters, me being there Prey. It was getting hot; I felt the salty sweat drip off of my brow. When suddenly I noticed a weak spot in the fire, an area that had not yet been lit. I darted straight toward it; my heart was beating inside my chest knowing I may not make it out alive.
“You can’t run forever” I heard someone scream behind me. ”You’ll never make it out.” As much as that terrified me, in a squeak I chocked back “I want to see you try.” I dashed away, by the time I had stopped for a quick breath I had realized I no longer had a clue where I was.

I had lost all sense of direction. I was confused at what they wanted to do with me anyway. What was there that is so special about me that they wanted. All of a sudden, I heard a crack in the sky and rain started pouring down, I saw an opening in a window at an old barn across the street. I saw my opportunity, and I was going to take it. I used my foot and smashed into the window, crawling in. I would be safe here for the night. I climb the ladder up to the rafters where bales of hay were sitting peacefully. I make a fort, 2 bales high and 6 wide, I un-tied one bale and spread it across the wooden floor boards behind the wall. I crawled into a ball, and slowly drifting off. I had a rough time sleeping, though. Waking up because of constant nightmares of masked murderers, criminals, and terrorists. At one time, I had woken up and felt as if someone was standing over me, sweaty in a murderous pursuit. Just to realize when I opened my eyes that a hole in the barn roof had been leaking. I check my watch, 3:25 a.m. realizing that I should probably get up and start my day, I sat up and crawled back out the window in which I entered last night. I walked out into the Dawn, startled, four men were standing, evenly spaced apart, two of which holding a rope, one with a rock, and one empty handed. The next thing I knew, they were on me. The man with nothing was now holding me. As they wrapped up my arms and legs in the itchy rope. My eyes went dark as the rock was struck against my temple, forcing me to pass out.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

BriannaKnowsBest said...
May 1, 2013 at 6:24 pm:
i enjoy your writing, but, i think that you could put a little more detail into this. it has some good potential and i think you could go all the way with this writing, IF, you worked on it and lengthened it a little bit more. not trying to impose but its true.