The Happening of God's Will

Author's note: I wrote this because I felt that God wanted me to. Some people immediately look at the negative...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote this because I felt that God wanted me to. Some people immediately look at the negative side, but in this I had to look on the positive side. I want people to realize that everything happens for a reason, and that God planned it that way and it will be a blessing.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

A Day To Remember

A daily routine and hobby, turned into a burning desire.
Throughout my life I have always been pretty healthy. I have played sports since I was about two years old, starting with basketball, then football, and then track. As I got older, I started training and working out for these sports more and more. It was right around the summer before my sixth grade year when I started working out and exercising regularly. It became habit, but a good habit that I enjoyed. I had never thought I would have to give it up for more than about a day or two, but I was proven wrong.
Saturday, May 14, was bound to be a very good day. It was my girlfriend, Melena’s birthday. I surprised her and delivered biscuits and gravy to her house right when she woke up. The look on her face was priceless. I also had another surprise in store for her. Her mom had planned on taking her out to eat and then to go see a movie. Well in a week’s advanced I had talked to her and planned on surprising her and going with them.
So after I got home from delivering her breakfast, I had breakfast of my own. After breakfast, I watched a little bit of TV and relaxed. I planned on going over to Melena’s around 3. As usual I worked out too. I put in Ab Ripper, a P90X abdominal workout. As I started, I noticed a pain on my left side. My mom was to my left working at her desk. She said “well if you’re not feeling well, then you probably shouldn’t be working out.”
I laughed, “pshh, pain is weakness leaving the body,” I joked around. But I wasn’t going to let a little pain stop me from working out like usual, I hated taking days off. I figured it was just a little side pain and it would go away.
After my workout I showered and got ready to go surprise Melena again. When I got to her house she smiled and hugged me. She opened her gifts, we ate some cake, watched some TV, and then we headed out. But the pain in my left side still had not left, and it wasn’t easing up. Although I told her about it, I wasn’t expressing it, because this day was for her.
On the car ride to Muncie, I kept fighting the pain. It wasn’t really bad yet, but it was like a fly in the summer, that keeps buzzing around you and won’t go away. We ate at Outback Steakhouse. I had half a quesadilla, and a Caesar salad. It was plenty for me. Throughout eating the pain worsened, but I didn’t realize it because I was focused on the food, talking, and having a good time. Once I was done, I had really realized the increase in pain, but now it had shifted to the center of my stomach, and had more of a sick feeling to it. I didn’t over eat, but I thought maybe something in the quesadilla made my stomach react funny. So before everyone was done eating, I had got up to use the bathroom, hoping that would relieve the pain. It didn’t. I walked back to the booth where we had eaten. I still kept a smile on my face as much as I could because it was Melena’s birthday, and all I cared about was making her happy and making sure she had a good day.
After we got done eating, we had about an hour or so before the movie started. We went to the mall to look around just to kill some time. But before that, we stopped at a gas station and Josh; Melena’s step dad had bought me some stuff to ease the nauseous feeling in my stomach. By the time we got to the mall, sure enough I no longer felt sick, but the pain still kept its presence, and kept it stronger and stronger as time passed. I took another trip to the bathroom, hoping and praying I could just get some ease, but it never happened. I was really confused at what was going on, and why I had felt this.
When we left the mall and headed to the theater, the pain had shifted to my right side, and was getting very painful. I had trouble just getting in and out of the truck and walking. We got our tickets and drinks and headed to our theater. We were seeing the movie “Insidious.” It was a very good movie, probably the scariest movie I have ever seen. The whole movie I felt like I was an annoyance, because I kept resituating myself, because there was no way for me to position myself where I did not have the pain. By this time, the pain was close to excruciating. But yet, I still felt, somewhat a peace because it had been a really good day and it still wasn’t over. I had texted my dad, and told him about the pain, and he tried calling, but I was in the theater so I didn’t answer. I stepped outside real quick and called him back. I had a feeling in the back of my mind of what it was, but I just kept telling myself it wasn’t, and that it was just something minor. “Where is the pain at?” he asked.
“On my right, lower side,” I responded.
“Okay, from your belly button where is it?”
“Knuckles length away, and a little down.”
“Alright, well do you want me to come and get you, do you want them to bring you home, or what do you want to do?” he asked.
“Well..if it is appendicitis, how long can you wait before the poison kills you? If it did burst”
“Oh, not til about a day or two after.”
“So it won’t hurt me any to watch the rest of the movie?”
“If you can deal with the pain that long, then no, and we can get you checked out when you come home.”
“Okay we can just do that”
“Alright”
“Well see you then, thanks, bye”
“See ya later bud”
We hung up and I went back into the theater. I watched the 40 minutes left of the movie. Even though it was painful, still to this day, I don’t regret staying for the rest of the movie, I’m glad I did.
We left the theater and started heading back home. Carmen, Melena’s mom and Josh continued to ask if I was OK. And on the way home, Carmen even said a little prayer out loud for me. It was very touching, and meant so much to me. At this point in time, I had prayed several times as well. I also apologized to Melena for feeling bad on her birthday, and having all this come up.
Before I knew it we arrived home. Josh came in and told my mom that if he would have known it was this bad he would have taken me home right away. That’s also why I didn’t say much, I didn’t want to go home. My mom called my dad at the radiology department, which is where he works and told him we would be coming in soon. It worked out really well that it was his weekend to work.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

Sommervogel said...
Thank you very much for sharing this! Your story is really great and encouraging. I especially like the way you described everything in detail. It made it easy for me to put myself in your position.
God bless you :)

Pumpkinscout said...
What a powerful story. You did a good job writing it, too.

Football101 replied...
Thank you :)

Pumpkinscout replied...
You're welcome :)

sophieluvv said...
This was amazing!! I just came back from christian camp so I feel like my faith has gotten a whole lot stronger and this story I can kind of connect to. Not the whole surgery part but all the praying and positive thoughts I can connect to. This story is well written, inspiring, and just straight up awesome.

Football101 replied...
Thank you very much! I'm glad it has meaning to you, and I just recently went on a mission trip, so I'm sure I know how ya feel! Thanks again, I appreciate it!