In A Dark Abyss

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

Chapter 6

I Groaned and looked out the 4x6 window of the loft, my brother was sitting next to me. He was 3 and just learning to talk.
“Ornin Na!” He chirped, his hair shimmering, the exact same color as my own. He eyes are chocolate brown. It had been 21/2 years since I had seen Dominick and/or Garrett… for the first year or so, it felt like I lost my right leg, I was still a good fighter, but I was losing it. My life had been constant depression since my mother had died… all except when I was with Dominick and Garrett.
“Morning Jay!” I called happily, the only thing showing my sadness, was my crystalline blue eyes. He cooed, and I got my sneakers on and slipped into a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, and brushed my hair, hitting my head a couple times on the low ceiling on my way.
“Happy valentine’s day grandma!” I ran down the stairs, and my grandmother, Carrie Irene was sitting in the chair downstairs, the kitchen and living room basically the same room, a small outcropping being the bathroom. I was 9. You see… soon after mine, Garrett and Dominick’s little escapade, I was attacked by a Javelinah, or a wild boar. My leg broke in a compound fracture, and I wasn’t at school the next day. Because I was at the hospital. I was taken from Jerry, as well as Jay, and now we live in a small one bedroom A-Frame, where I’m able to roam freely, and fish, and I’m happy. This place feels like home, while with Jerry, I felt alone, unwanted.