In A Dark Abyss

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Chapter 5

The bell rung, and I sprang up in a grasshopper pose my eyes wild, I heard giggling, and Garrett put a hand on my shoulder,
“Its O.K, Lark, it’s just the recess bell.”
A kid passed me,
“Awww… are the Ghosties tormenting Ghost Girl?” then the chant was taken up,
“Ghost Girl Ghost Girl, Take your Ghostly Friends Away and Allow Us To Play Today!” the boy who started it snickered, and I snarled, curling my hand into a fist, and I hit him in the face, feeling a satisfying spurt of blood. I saw Mis.HopFrog coming; we called her Miss Froggy, because she looked like a frog. Garrett grabbed my hand making me wince, and called,
“Ariana! Come on, Hurry! I ran with him and we dived into a Milkweed cluster, we disturbed a large flock of butterflies. My hand hurt, bad. A soft voice spoke,
“Are You the Wolf Who Howls To The Moon?”
“Only As the Dark Night Falls…” I whispered back. Dominick poked his head into the cluster, and said,
“Get Garrett in a blindfold, we’ll take him to the Ravine.”
I pulled out a silk strip,
“Whoa… wait till were almost there guys.” Garrett growled.
We walked into the forest and to my house; dad was ‘at work’ we grabbed some food, and some blankets, and a tarp.
“Garrett we’ll go to your place, and leave a not telling your mom that you’re at Dominick’s place, for the night.” He didn’t protest… he was our friend he was used to this.