In A Dark Abyss

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Chapter 2

When Dominick and I got home my father ‘was asleep’ or, he was doing drugs with Carol, or passed out on alcohol, or some sort of drug. The door was locked, and I had nowhere to go, I dreaded going to Peggy for help. She always asked why I wasn’t like Bailey.
“Come on, let’s go to the Ravine” Dominick said. I didn’t know if I could take it with my head ace, but I slowly nodded, a pulse of pain stroking my spinal cord as I did so. We walked down the Tear Trail, the trail that led to the wall. The wall was basically a single cliff face, tall and proud. We turned up the side into the woods; we called it Runaway’s Lane. We ran away on a daily basis. I looked at the long scar down his fore arm and whispered,
“your cut is better…” his gaze forward hardened, his blonde hair falling in front of his deep green eyes, eyes the color you think of when you think of toxic, and venom.
“Yeah? So? He’s just goanna cut me again.” Dominick snapped, and I shrunk back whimpering. His father was very abusive, his mother, my aunt Danni had accidentally set the house in Phoenix on fire, and Dominick, Bailey, and Jerry were taken and Bailey and Jerry are with Peggy, and Poor Dominick is with his father. His father was almost as abusive as my own…
“There’s Torment tunnel!” I said quietly, fear that my head would explode in pain again, “The Opening to the Raining Ravine.”