Serendipidy

Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.
Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next »

Gone

I remember the day clearly, even today. It was Friday, I had gone to school that day and I was going to be picked up by my mom for the weekend. I remember saying bye to Jen, my stepmom, and my baby brothers saying I’d see them Sunday night. I didn’t know how untrue this was. My mom picked me up that day saying we were leaving and not coming back. My heart skipped a beat. I didn’t want to go. But we were leaving. “You’ll be happier Emma. We’ll change our names and they’ll never find us.” So we got on the highway and left to Portland, Oregon to start a life on the run. The drive there was tense and upsetting. We stopped few times but I only remember one specific instance. I had wanted a CD and we stopped to look for it. The store didn’t have it and I threw a fit. However, I wouldn’t say my tantrums with my mom were a rare occurrence. I had learned how to work her at an early age and crying and screaming usually worked. So we drove and drove and drove until finally we arrived.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!