Serendipidy

Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.
Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Born in a Bomb

I was born July 28th, 1994, to my unmarried parents Lisa and Ed. Although I would receive many stories about the day of my birth I have come to the conclusion of what my father told me: he was not informed my birth had taken place until two days later. From that moment on, the problems never ceased. Although, sadly, I didn’t realize this until I was older, my mother began turning me against my father from the day I was born. As a young child, she would feed me stories and lies about the abusiveness of my father, and would pester me with questions about how he was treating me. What little girl wouldn’t believe her own mother? After all, why would she make such appalling things up? She eventually brainwashed me to the point, that I not only believed her but also began finding ways it was true. I would beg and cry not to go to my dad’s house, claiming I was afraid. Although I am too young to remember most of this, my mom apparently went to the court about this fictional abuse. Obviously, he was found innocent. But this didn’t stop my mother. She still claimed I was abused and hurt but that one day we would leave together and be free. I have often considered what made my mother do this. And after many years, I came to a conclusion- in her eyes I am only capable of loving her. She wanted to have all my love and share it with no one, no matter the cost.

KiraVogt2896 said...
this was so good to read! I'm happy that you shared this! :) <3

imperfection said...
This is really good! Really interesting! I think you should go back and add more memories that you have, and talk about how you feel that those experiences have contributed to who you are today. Also, I think you should change the title. *Serendipity sounds sort of like the title of a love story to me. But otherwise, great memoir! Just make it a book!