Serendipidy

Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.
Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14

Today

It has been eight and a half years since this happened to me, half my life ago. I almost feel like my life from Oregon and before was a bad dream or something that happened to someone else. My life now is so different from the path I’d expected. Within a year of my return, my parents (dad and stepmom) had another baby, a boy named Malcolm. I have lived permanently with my dad and stepmom since. I am closer to Jen than I am to my real mom. To me she is my true mom; I just call her Jen instead of mom. And my real mom? I love her and always will… but I will never be close to her or trust her. I have learned of and heard too many lies. She hurt my dad so much. But what hurts the most is how she hurt me. From the day I was born she brainwashed me against my dad for her own selfish reasons and even still today tries to convince me that he is an evil man. But I’ve learned my lesson. And sadly that lesson is that I cannot trust my own mother. We may share the same blood but that is all we have in common now. Everyday I hope she will have an epiphany and realize she’s not okay and needs help; that the things she’s done and does are not acceptable or normal. But I’m not holding my breath. It may happen but in all reality, it probably won’t. Either way, the best thing she ever did in the end was abduct me. Because of that I live in a happy home with my dad, Jen, and my three brothers. I have stability in my life and have for the last eight years.
Most kids can’t say they have gone through what I have. I wouldn’t recommend it but I am happy it happened. It taught me that even when things seem dark and life feels unfair, it can get better. The bright light you see is not always fire, but sometimes is a light of hope. After all, the fire has to burn out eventually, leaving room for growth and life again.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14

KiraVogt2896 said...
this was so good to read! I'm happy that you shared this! :) <3

imperfection said...
This is really good! Really interesting! I think you should go back and add more memories that you have, and talk about how you feel that those experiences have contributed to who you are today. Also, I think you should change the title. *Serendipity sounds sort of like the title of a love story to me. But otherwise, great memoir! Just make it a book!