Blinding and Death Defying

Author's note: I had to write a memoir for English II and it ended up changing relationships between my friends...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had to write a memoir for English II and it ended up changing relationships between my friends and teachers and their relatives.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Our Relationship in a Few Words

My sister and I have always had the violent-brotherly-holier than thou, type of relationship. I love her to death but it seems whatever we try to do, we can never let the other have the glory and fame. I am always trying to be just like her or better or even come up with excuses on why she excelled more than I. Then, as usual, we pass blame on the other just so one could get in trouble. But I guess that’s just the way the Nolans have always been raised; competitive, but graceful. It isn’t until Meghan and I come face to face with the Angel of Death that we realize how truly precious and unique each other really are and that we need each other in order to survive-- mono y mono, hand in hand.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

Thank God!! she's walking!! wow! that's great! give my regards to her!! is she elder to you? or younger??

I hope she gets back awesome soon! Just Give her my regards!! tell her to take care! :')

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:16 am

Oh my god!! what happens next...i mean what happens to your sis??...

This is a wonderful story...i just loved it!! :) *snif!*

laurenemaleigh replied...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:09 am
She's fine now. She spent 12 days in the hospital and got released two days in the hospital. She broke both her legs. And in her left leg, she broke her femur also. She broke over 20 bones and had to have a blood transfusion. The doctors told her that she wouldn't walk again so she was in a wheel chair for a little while. But like most stories nowadays, when a doctor says you're not gonna walk again, you do. She started using a walker two weeks later and then she moved to using a cane for a whil... (more »)