Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

Author's note: I want to write this to free others to tell their stories and to encourage them that they are not...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I want to write this to free others to tell their stories and to encourage them that they are not on this earth alone and destitute. No matter what hand you are dealt in this life you can make it if you really want. Even when you feel you have failed or feel like you are stuck in one place, useless, alone, untalented, unqualified for success, undeserving of love or any other label you can slap on yourself you are nothing short of perfectly designed. Each and every person has a story to share and if we all shared ours we would break down the walls that isolate us in our pain and see that maybe this world was created to be more then a holding cell imprisoning us into a life of meaninglessness.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Brothers

Jess
Jess Scaggs
He is living in a home for delinquent or crazy boys
His favorite game's Monopoly
His father was married to our mutual mother
His eyes are blue and his hair a sand like color
He is 6'3 and currently about 16
He wears glasses to correct his naturally crossed eyes
Someday He will come live with us but not right now

John

His hair is dark
He is Rachael's full brother
He is my half
John Poss
He is older then Rach maybe a year and a half or two
He is our brother but is going to be raised by others
We only get to see him today
We walk down the street
He stands with a lady
We give him a hug our mother nearby
His warm brown eyes are cast on the ground
I concluded that he is taller then we are just as it's time to leave
I ask why John can't stay with us
My little heart aches for the playmate I barley knew
My mother responds by telling me he simply must go
Inquisitive as I am I ask another source
I asks dad
He tells me John fears to be around men
I look up at him utterly confused
He responds by telling me the exact details of my brothers abuse
My shoulders dropped with the swelling sadness of things I was to young to have understood
My mother's male friend's actions have taken away my brothers innocence
That man's filthy ways cost my brother a space in our home
But his presence, is remembered, his named recorded and his picture in the frame forever

This book has 73 comments. Post your own now!

Kim M said...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:33 am
Marie, I think is going to be an awesome read for everyone and a cathartic part of your journey as well.  Rock on sista!

chelsieclemens said...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:42 am
marie this is amazing and truly inspiring. while we haven't seen you in year, reading this makes me hear your voice and and remember what an amazing person you are and what an impact you and your sister have had on my life. no matter where I go in life I will always remember you and love you deeply :) Keep up with your writing, it has always been a huge part of who you are, and will undoubtedly touch many people!

rachaelposs said...
This book is truly inspiring! She is one of the most gifted young writers ever and I do not just say that because she is my sister. I say it because her book makes you feel things. Sometimes its hard to reach people but this book can do that. 

BLST said...
 A very good read. Can't even begin to fathom such a life. Then Lord definetly has plans for your life after being able to survive all this.

Heather :) said...
Honestly I came to read this story because I wanted to support Marie :) and wasn't going to read the whole thing, but as I started reading, I couldn't stop!  It demaded my attention, and I was disapointed that the story wasn't finished (YET!) PLEASE publish this so I can finish reading :) Awesome story...you go girl!!

Melony said...
This story is real and is one that needs to be told. Heart wrenching but in the end full of hope....

Dannah Gresh said...
As a published author, I know what it takes to put yourself out there like this. Gutsy, Marie. So proud of you. Your story is one everyone should hear.

Nassus Notnud said...
I am biased, as I know Marie quite well... but this is a young woman who was born to write. It would be, in fact, a crime if she did not. 

Jenny said...
Thought provoking regarding subjects people rarely talk about.  What a journey!

Helen said...
Bravo, very good!!!

bookreader said...
what a great book! i think that you are an awesome writer.... i think you have such a talent for writing. =] you should write more! 

centreguy said...
Wow, this is a gifted young writer

lovekillerx3 said...
Very good! I enjoyed reading this! :)