Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

Author's note: I want to write this to free others to tell their stories and to encourage them that they are not...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I want to write this to free others to tell their stories and to encourage them that they are not on this earth alone and destitute. No matter what hand you are dealt in this life you can make it if you really want. Even when you feel you have failed or feel like you are stuck in one place, useless, alone, untalented, unqualified for success, undeserving of love or any other label you can slap on yourself you are nothing short of perfectly designed. Each and every person has a story to share and if we all shared ours we would break down the walls that isolate us in our pain and see that maybe this world was created to be more then a holding cell imprisoning us into a life of meaninglessness.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

A Simple Metaphor

I've traveled a broken road
I was born along its winding paths and seemed drawn to its darkened ways
I could hide among its banks and shed my tears behind its trees
Like the wind I was swift to destroy but gentle in nature and soft in approach
Lonely was my silent world but solitude kept my secrets safe
Inside the forest lurked monsters tall and strong
Feeble arms of youth did fail me
Legs quick, with toughened feet could still not help in making an
This poem outlines my life.
escape for me

As my heart dismayed and my hope deferred I became even less than a name
I learned the ways to live like the shadows of my nightmares did
I took pleasure from the sweet words of tender birds
Found mild peace in the sun's beams
Could whisper loud enough to led a few strangers under my covering of leaves
But never did I trust enough to be lead away by the fleeting feet of my company
I was rooted to the earth with great loyalty

It wasn't until a rescuer came searching for me did I hear or see that there were other possibilities
He brought a light with Him and led the way
I experienced joy within His embrace
The cold barely nipped my nose
I walked, I ran, I crawled, but most of all He carried me..... away
I never saw the forest sing as I did underneath His wings
I now walk a lit but narrow path
Every step is safe and clear as along as I cease to stray
Those who made my knees weak call out from somewhere but I dare not find out from where
Painful things have since ambushed me on my way but I let my Savior save every day

I live without shame
My bruises and scares He has overcome
I feel abandoned no more
For my Lord has given me:
women on watchtowers for when I teeter or stumble
Men on horses with arrows to enter the battle before me
A family that extends past the norm
And a home where His name reigns above all

What more could I ask for?
How much more could I want?
I have a unconditional love all my own
Songs to sing and a friend for every time of need
Eternity is before me and glory resided in me
What is left of life now is to see who will come and join me
And to free those who see only the looming of darkness that is behind me

emilybwrites said...
wow this was just fabulous. check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and please comment/rate it!!!

afflatus said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 3:35 am:
hey hi marie....awesome work there..but u know marie this world is full of bad things and bad people...that came across ur way..and it's upto u whether u chose the right way or the wrong way....and m happy that u put urself together and u chose to follow the right one and that made all the difference...<3<3!

renthead96 said...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:44 am:
The detail of this story is amazing, and necessary to show the reader the struggles you went through. I am very sorry about all that has happened to you, but I am grateful to you for sharing your story. It takes a brave and willing young person to be able to recall such events as this, and I admire you for it. I feel the unique writing style used in this story fit well with the concept of "seeing into one's mind." Thank you for sharing this.

Danealle said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:14 am:
I am speechless... the detail is wonderful! I think you will be able to relate to the book I wrote. I'll admit it's not as intense but still good. It's called "Even Though" it's under the name Danealle K

.Izzy. said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 1:32 pm:
This was absolutely amazing. Some of the chapters horrified me and made me realize how much I take for granted. This story is powerful  and unforgetable. You are such an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story.

YoungsurvivorLiz said...
May 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm:
My Gosh, this was just marvelous. I have to tell you how much i admire you, eventhough I may never meet you. The things you had to go trough were incredible and to have come out victories of it was amazing. Precisly at this moment I do not have words to express the emotions I am feeling. Yet I must tell you that your story I will always cherish and remember for the great amount of wisdow it has brought to my life, I know now that I am not alone out there in the world. THANKYOU VERY MUCH

Maurleena M. said...
omg I love this article

lizditty said...

OH MY GOOOOODNES, THIS WAS INCREDIBLE. SUCH A WAY WITH WORDS, AND SUCH POWER FROM THEM.

As i reader, i felt very connected to the writer, and i felt absorbed by the way the writer jumps around to different times. i liked how i had to read a little and think about what was going on.

you write so well, if this became a book, i know i wouldn't be able to put it down. i'm so glad you want to share your story with other's- it's life changing.

PLEASE KEEP WRITING.

imperfection said...
If this was a book, I'd buy it. Keep writing. You can be a bestselling author. It is amazing that you survived through this and that you now have the courage to write it down, and the poetic form makes it so much deeper. Please keep writing. I wish I was in touch with publishing companies. I want to read this as a book! You're an amazing author!

joeyrobs said...
Apr. 21, 2011 at 11:18 am:
truely touching shows how life can be so cruel to some but thhey have the strength to change it. incredible book i hope it goes far it deserves to!

claire said...
I can't really imagine the personal strength it must have taken to get to this point in your life & to write this book, but thank you Marie for sharing your story with us. 

Millsy said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:07 am:
You are inspirational.  Your book will give Hope to so many who have had theirs taken away.  

Millsy replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:09 am :
p.s I wanted to give it 5 stars but I couldn't click on more than 1! 

Marieweibel said...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:06 am:
Also for those of you who have read my chapter sum ups, I had not intened to send those in the way they were. I need to clarify something I over looked, the fourth family I lived with their discription is not fair. I was making an outline for myself...and when I wrote it I was thinking of my own inner tormoil and lables I placed on myself not the people. They were an incredible group of colorful people who did their best in a hard situation of taking in orphans. They are good people who are stil... (more »)

opus replied...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 7:50 pm :
I loverrrrrrr you Marie!

Marieweibel said...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:03 am:
Thank you all for your support, it means so very much to me. You are helping me to accomplish two very big dreams of mine. The first and least important, is to make a mark in the litature world so I might become a fiction writter some day without the poetry edge. The second and much greater dream, that this story will be told so that the lost, broken, and alone can find a hope and know how very important their life is.

Tina said...
***** five stars is what I pressed and only four came up!! What an amazing piece of honesty Marie...i think it's the hardest thing we humans can do, be honest with ourselves and with others...you are an extremely talented and brave young woman and I am so proud to know you. 

SamBach said...
Wow, you really are an amazing writer. Rachael has told me you were very good, but I never imagined. You should keep writing. Thanks for sharing so much.

srg11 said...
Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:14 am:
you are a beautiful person and a superb writer!!

MaryAnne said...
Apr. 15, 2011 at 9:58 am:
A true tale of survival.  Thank you for your brutal and painful honesty.  God bless you.