Home > Book (Nonfiction) > Memoir > Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

Marieweibel
Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child
Summary: Even a bastard child can raise above the rest to become something great. I was born into a family of drug addicts, and alcoholics. My mother had so many lovers that she could not tell me who my father was, and when she deiced not to raise me she left me with my older sister Rachael's dad. Rachael's dad was a physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive man who used to refer to me as Bastard.
When my father passed when I was nine I was horrified finding his dead body in our hotel room. However his death marked my journey to becoming a women redeemed by salvation and freed from the labels I had placed upon myself. I lived in two half-way houses, and four family before the fifth on adopted me when I was fourteen. I struggled through my school years bullied and alone until a suicide attempt brought me face to face with the question, “Why am I here?”

riya said...
Aug. 14 at 11:01 am:
this book inspires us to strrugle like the boy.

Raven T. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 9 at 8:16 pm:
This was a very interesting book to read and it showed me the strength of human character. Marie is a great writer and I hope that she continues being so strong :)

freakycatlover said...
May 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm:
Keep writing, and stay stong no matter what people say.

Makya A. said...
Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 am:
yi think this story is sad  and i also think into conclusion to my last statement i shall show sy

ShadowyObserver said...
You'll have to excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. You are some trooper. This is a cool, but sad and painful story. God bless you on the rest of your life journey!

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
thankyou for this. you have really inspired me. you did a great job. i love your origionality. <3 i wish you good luck!!

Labeled said...
May 11, 2012 at 5:51 pm:
For some reason I cant go past chapter one. I click next and it sends me back to the cover. How can I fix this?

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2012 at 5:54 pm:
It's good and has a lot of detail, but it's a little hard to follow. Other than that I like it. 

sherrinford This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Finally! Something realistic, powerful, amazing that doesn't try to imitate Jacqueline Wilson 'I'm the saddest girl int he world' series. I love your idea of writing a free verse poem for your story. Honestly, I would love to see this published into a bestseller. I would also love to buy one for me and another for a friend. 

This is a truly beautiful book. <3

shapeshifter56 said...
This is the second time I have read this. It is truly an amazing story and very well-written. Stay strong :) My heart goes out to you and all of your family.

KatsviewThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:38 pm:
I'm so, so sorry. This is a truly amazing story. This is really powerful. Perhaps this is why you're here: to tell your story. Great job and good luck for the rest of your life!

dreamsandthings This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:08 pm:
Wow. That is so amazing and inspiring. That's really all I can say. I'm speechless.

KeyaLove said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:20 am:
One of my favorities , So powerful. :))

Marieweibel said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm:
Thank you everyone. :) Your comments are most encouraging :)

Longstaffinator said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 9:42 am:
This is powerful.

jbjones87 said...
this is extremely good. keep going with this please and check out my poems and book. my book is pending right now but i'd love some feedback. youre a strong person. keep writing

publicdomain said...
You're truly remarkable. It is amazing that you are able to present us with your story few people have the courage to do that and you conveyed it in a beautiful way. You're an amazing writer and i wish you the best of luck in your life and I know you will achieve all of your goals because despite everything you are a strong young lady thanks again for telling us your story and I hope you decide to continue writing this if you expand on this I guarantee you will get it published. You are an inspi... (more »)

AubreyD. said...
I love you for being such a strong and amazing person. Your book helps me a ton :)

Villangel said...
Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:15 am:
Before I even read the book I knew that I loved it.! You are so gifted and I love how it's written in poem verses. Do you read Ellen Hopkins.? If not, then you should. You're writing has a lot in common.

Earth2Jocelyn replied...
Jan. 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm :
i was thinking the exact same thing ^_^