Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child | Teen Ink

Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

By Marieweibel BRONZE, State College, Pennsylvania
Marieweibel BRONZE, State College, Pennsylvania

Summary:

Even a bastard child can raise above the rest to become something great. I was born into a family of drug addicts, and alcoholics. My mother had so many lovers that she could not tell me who my father was, and when she deiced not to raise me she left me with my older sister Rachael's dad. Rachael's dad was a physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive man who used to refer to me as Bastard.

When my father passed when I was nine I was horrified finding his dead body in our hotel room. However his death marked my journey to becoming a women redeemed by salvation and freed from the labels I had placed upon myself. I lived in two half-way houses, and four family before the fifth on adopted me when I was fourteen. I struggled through my school years bullied and alone until a suicide attempt brought me face to face with the question, “Why am I here?”

Marieweibel

Inside the Mind of a Bastard Child

Earth2Jocelyn BRONZE, Everywhere, Kentucky

Just because you stumble, doesnt mean you fall off the cliff.

i was thinking the exact same thing ^_^

fictitious-quandary GOLD, Orlando, Florida

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right"
- Henry Ford

You're truly remarkable. It is amazing that you are able to present us with your story few people have the courage to do that and you conveyed it in a beautiful way. You're an amazing writer and i wish you the best of luck in your life and I know you will achieve all of your goals because despite everything you are a strong young lady thanks again for telling us your story and I hope you decide to continue writing this if you expand on this I guarantee you will get it published. You are an inspirational young lady. :)

ForeverSweetheart GOLD, Safford, Arizona

"Babe, do what you have to do." -- Ryan M.
"I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells." -- Dr. Seuss
"Put him in the taffy puller!"
"Taffy puller?!"
"Hey! That was my idea!" -- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I love you for being such a strong and amazing person. Your book helps me a ton :)

on Dec. 8 2011 at 10:15 am
Karles_Ivy PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington

Sometimes the bully isn’t the captain of the cheerleaders or the girl who for some reason has it out for only you; sometimes the worst bully of them all is you.- Karles_Ivy

Before I even read the book I knew that I loved it.! You are so gifted and I love how it's written in poem verses. Do you read Ellen Hopkins.? If not, then you should. You're writing has a lot in common.

on Sep. 16 2011 at 8:44 am
its a great book

emilybwrites SILVER, Villa Hills, Kentucky

last night i lay in bed, looking up at the stars and i thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

wow this was just fabulous. check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and please comment/rate it!!!

on Aug. 5 2011 at 3:35 am
afflatus SILVER, Bhopal, Other

Be honest. It's one of the few things in life you can control.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but it doesn't happen like this,.....

hey hi marie....awesome work there..but u know marie this world is full of bad things and bad people...that came across ur way..and it's upto u whether u chose the right way or the wrong way....and m happy that u put urself together and u chose to follow the right one and that made all the difference...<3<3!

on Aug. 1 2011 at 10:44 am
renthead96 BRONZE, City, Ohio

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."

The detail of this story is amazing, and necessary to show the reader the struggles you went through. I am very sorry about all that has happened to you, but I am grateful to you for sharing your story. It takes a brave and willing young person to be able to recall such events as this, and I admire you for it. I feel the unique writing style used in this story fit well with the concept of "seeing into one's mind." Thank you for sharing this.

on Jul. 9 2011 at 10:14 am
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Anything is possible with a smile and goal in mind.

I am speechless... the detail is wonderful! I think you will be able to relate to the book I wrote. I'll admit it's not as intense but still good. It's called "Even Though" it's under the name Danealle K

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
This was absolutely amazing. Some of the chapters horrified me and made me realize how much I take for granted. This story is powerful  and unforgetable. You are such an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story.

YoungsurvivorLiz SILVER, San Jose, California

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road- unless you fail to make the turn"

My Gosh, this was just marvelous. I have to tell you how much i admire you, eventhough I may never meet you. The things you had to go trough were incredible and to have come out victories of it was amazing. Precisly at this moment I do not have words to express the emotions I am feeling. Yet I must tell you that your story I will always cherish and remember for the great amount of wisdow it has brought to my life, I know now that I am not alone out there in the world. THANKYOU VERY MUCH

maurleena madison, Jackson, Mississippi
omg I love this article

lizditty said...

OH MY GOOOOODNES, THIS WAS INCREDIBLE. SUCH A WAY WITH WORDS, AND SUCH POWER FROM THEM.

As i reader, i felt very connected to the writer, and i felt absorbed by the way the writer jumps around to different times. i liked how i had to read a little and think about what was going on.

you write so well, if this became a book, i know i wouldn't be able to put it down. i'm so glad you want to share your story with other's- it's life changing.

PLEASE KEEP WRITING.

imperfection GOLD, Gilroy, California

"Dream as though you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."
~James Dean (1931-1955), American Motion Picture Actor, symbol of rebellion

If this was a book, I'd buy it. Keep writing. You can be a bestselling author. It is amazing that you survived through this and that you now have the courage to write it down, and the poetic form makes it so much deeper. Please keep writing. I wish I was in touch with publishing companies. I want to read this as a book! You're an amazing author!

joeyrobs said...
on Apr. 21 2011 at 11:18 am
truely touching shows how life can be so cruel to some but thhey have the strength to change it. incredible book i hope it goes far it deserves to!

claire said...
I can't really imagine the personal strength it must have taken to get to this point in your life & to write this book, but thank you Marie for sharing your story with us. 

Millsy said...
on Apr. 19 2011 at 11:09 am
p.s I wanted to give it 5 stars but I couldn't click on more than 1! 

Millsy said...
on Apr. 19 2011 at 11:07 am
You are inspirational.  Your book will give Hope to so many who have had theirs taken away.  

opus said...
I loverrrrrrr you Marie!

on Apr. 16 2011 at 9:06 am
Also for those of you who have read my chapter sum ups, I had not intened to send those in the way they were. I need to clarify something I over looked, the fourth family I lived with their discription is not fair. I was making an outline for myself...and when I wrote it I was thinking of my own inner tormoil and lables I placed on myself not the people. They were an incredible group of colorful people who did their best in a hard situation of taking in orphans. They are good people who are still a part of my life today. I am sorry to have mislead anyone or hurt any feelings. I promise as the chapter is written my journy in that home will be better understood.