Unperfect Girl

Author's note: This isn't really a book.... I just figured it was too long for the regular memoir section!
Author's note: This isn't really a book.... I just figured it was too long for the regular memoir section!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

Unperfect

I found a quote online that I think sums up life entirely.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
George Bernard Shaw is a wonderful playwright, and I think in this two sentence quote, anyone can see that. You’re always told that you have to find yourself to truly live your life. I, and apparently George Bernard Shaw, disagree. I believe that there is no way to find yourself. There is no “self” lurking within your skin, waiting to be discovered. Each of us has to create ourselves. We are the sculptors who take the soft clay and mold ourselves with personality and interests. We create our own way of life, and, in doing so, we become ourselves. I am who I am today because of each and every person who has affected me, but I am also who I am because of the joys that have rippled throughout, and the struggles that have plagued, my life, sometimes as blessings, and sometimes as curses. I am proud of who I am. I found another quote, this one anonymous, and I want to close my autobiography with it.
I’m not a perfect girl.
My hair doesn’t always stay in place &
I spill things a lot. I’m pretty clumsy &
Sometimes I have a broken heart,
My friends & I fight &
maybe somedays nothing goes right,
But when I think about it & take a step back
I remember how amazing life truly is
& maybe, just maybe, I like being
unperfect.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!