A Mixed Bag

Author's note: Going on this trip was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I had SO much fun...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Going on this trip was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I had SO much fun despite all the crazy things that happened. The thing is; I wouldn't do it again because there's no way it could be as perfect, is there?  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

So Many Things To Buy!

Going canoing in the wilderness would require a lot more gear than the bathing suit and flip flops I’d expected to bring to Hawaii. I made countless trips to outdoor stores that fall. I was able to borrow a few of my brother’s things, but considering I’m a girl, we had to buy all new clothes. Everything had to be waterproof.
“I still need a Nalgene and some caribeaners.” I told my dad checking things off my extensive packing list.
“You also need bamboo socks, they resist water better than wool.” My dad said grabbing a pair as we walked past them in Biviouac. I was already lugging a raincoat, gloves, long underwear, cargo pants galore.