A Mixed Bag

Author's note: Going on this trip was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I had SO much fun...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Going on this trip was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I had SO much fun despite all the crazy things that happened. The thing is; I wouldn't do it again because there's no way it could be as perfect, is there?  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13

Right Outside Your Tent Flap

That night, everyone slept soundly and the bus ride home was soothingly loud and chatty and full of electronics. We watched Lord of the Rings, stopped at a gas stop to buy Canadian candy bars, and caught up with the other group some more.
Temagami was an incredible experience. It was really tough and sometimes, I was tired and annoyed. When we got back, the 7th graders asked how it was and we couldn’t quite put it into words for them. We often disliked it and talked about how we couldn’t wait to go to sleep on our real beds and not have to worry about leaches in our shoes. But then again, we have so many hilarious stories to tell and looking back I'm glad every minute of it happened!
By now, all the days are melded together, and it takes me a while to remember which crazy adventures happened on which days. I tried to keep them straight by writing a journal. But who wants to sit in their tent writing, when the great Canadian outdoors is waiting right outside your tent flap?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13