Life Changes

Author's note: Warning triggering.
Author's note: Warning triggering.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Life Changes

The Phoenix sun feel wonderful on my skin. Just another day in my life, sitting outside just talking with my dad. today we are talking about school.

"I want you to finish high school, don't drag it out like I did. I want you to go to college and have a good life."

"I will Daddy, I promise. I want to make you proud of me." I say, Punching him in the shoulder.

"I am proud of you, munchkin, I'm always proud of you. I'll never forget when I first met you, I was dating your aunt, and you wanted me to read you a book so you threw it at my crotch! Then you climbed into my lap; and while I was reading to you, you snatched my brand new Oakley sunglasses and broke it in half." he responded with a goofy grin on his face.

I smile and look over at the sun, and suddenly it gets really bright. Almost like the sun is about to explode. I look at Daddy to see if he was seeing the same thing, but he's not there.
"DADDY!!!!!!!!" I yell panicking. Where is he? I turn my head and I'm not sitting outside anymore. I'm in Banner Estrella Medical center. but Daddy hasn't been in the Hospital in a long time, I thought he was getting better.

"DADDY!!!!!" I freak out. Where is he? I run down the light green hallway where there was a lit room. I stop in the doorway.

No.

"No it can't be! Just no! I'm only 16, I can't lose my Daddy! He's only 36! NO." I think all these things but no sound comes out of my mouth. I'm silent, as I look at nurses trying to revive Daddy. trying not to cry I look down I'm no longer wearing shorts and a tank top, I'm wearing my BDUs, Why am I in my uniform? I look up and I see Daddy!

Thank God!!!! he's still here! but why are we still at banner? I stand up and walk over to his bed and touch his arm... Why is it cold? Daddy is always warm. I look at his face, he needs to shave and shower cause he's really pale...

"Daddy?" no answer
"Daddy?!" I scream and the door opens and Its my mom and shes crying " Come here bug-a-bee"

"Mom? why is Daddy cold? Mom, why are you crying?"

"Your Daddy is gone baby girl, it's just you, your baby brother and me now"