Never Give Up

Author's note: I think teamwork is a virtue, and friends are key. Please comment, and rate! I'd really...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I think teamwork is a virtue, and friends are key. Please comment, and rate! I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

Elephants

Bridget and Luke high-five each other as they step back to admire their masterpiece. Luke’s rambler had been remodeled by some very generous donations made by the Bear Valley Spring High School students—most prominently made by Pike and Billy—to create the Elephant Home for Orphans. They were now twenty years old and have been dating for two. A day after Luke and Bridget graduated from high school, his Grandma Rose passed away in the master bedroom, which was now renovated for five girls to
It takes an entire pride of lions to take down an elephant. Bridget and Luke will always be stronger - and so should you. Bullying is terrible and needs to be stopped.
sleep in. On the door entering, it said “ROSE ROOM.” The rambler now had five stories added onto the basic two and was widened by nearly eighty feet. It had become this massive project and took eighteen months—not to mention nearly 4.2 million dollars—to complete. But with the help of each other, Bridget and Luke accomplished something they thought would never be possible to do alone.
At the Grand Opening, a press conference was held with dozens among dozens of townspeople, reporters, journalists and strangers from around the state—some even from beyond—came to collect information, ideas and inspiration.
“Yes, ma’am with the gray trench coat. Do you have a question?” asked Blake as they stood on the front porch, overlooking the enormous crowd all sitting impatiently on the front lawn in metal folding chairs.
“Yes. My name is Felicity Banks from the New York Times. I think we’re all curious on your name choice.”
“I’ll give you a briefing of my personal past before I answer your question directly. My mother died when I was in seventh grade, my father during my freshman year. Ever since then I’ve gotten picked on and ridiculed because of it, but also because I was I never told them to stop. I never crushed them, or fought back, or defended myself. In the prime of my emotional breakdown, Bridget here resurrected me during junior year and we became extremely close. My grandma—who had been my guardian since I was fourteen—died a day after my graduation. Bridget and I had been designing an orphanage somewhere in a big city, like Los Angeles or San Antonio, when we realized the ideal place was what every orphan needs: home.”
“You still didn’t answer my question, Mr. Benjamin.”
“Elephants don’t mess with other animals where they live unless they are being provoked. They are kind, powerful creatures that we all look up to, both literally and metaphorically. I think elephants are exceptional role models for everyone to believe in, because some people just don’t know where to turn. It’s how they’ve been raised that treats them right from wrong, and often that can get jumbled. Here at the Elephant Home for Orphans, Bridget and I—along with our fourteen highly-trained teachers, social workers and medical personnel—will treat every child or teenager here with the upmost curtesy, open-mindedness and respect. And that doesn’t just go for the faculty, but the kids will treat each other like that as well. Elephants are pack animals. They help each other and die together, because if they fail, at least they’re never alone.”
You are the change you wish to see in the world. – Gandhi
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3