13 Ways to Survive 8th Grade

Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting through 8the grade with all thee immense struggles that occurred. I wrote this to help thee next batch of kids.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »

Be nice to people and stay positive

When you are having a bad day or aren’t feeling too good, don’t take it out on other people. This doesn’t mean that you can’t express your feelings, but not constantly complaining or over-sharing definitely makes people (especially guys!) want to hang out with you a lot more. Being optimistic, even when the worst of middle school is thrust in your face all at once, will help you stay strong and make the right decisions. Since Odyssey is so small, you have to watch what you say because news travels fast and can be used against you later. I have said plenty of stupid stuff and figured out that if you make a joke about it and laugh about how stupid the whole thing was, people are a lot more likely to laugh it off with you and forget. Being nice just means that you should say hi to teachers and staff, compliment other people, and NOT hold grudges. Holding a grudge will just waste your time and possible new experiences and memories. Life is too full of new adventures to dwell on the past.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!