13 Ways to Survive 8th Grade

Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting through 8the grade with all thee immense struggles that occurred. I wrote this to help thee next batch of kids.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next »

Talk to your parents and keep them in the loop

This doesn’t mean that you have to tell them your friend’s secrets (unless that is stressing you) or who you have a crush on. This just means to tell them about upcoming events or things that are bothering you. If you aren’t close enough to your parents, try to get closer. They are so wise and are really helpful in sticky situations. Most often, they want to know about your life and help you out. Talking to them when they aren’t stressed or busy always helps them be more open to talking and helping you out. Parents can give you all sorts of useful information. 9 out of ten teens say that they would have avoided sexual activity if they were able to just talk to their parents more openly. I tried rebelling or what I thought was being more independent from my parents. I ended up loosing their trust in me and they ended up not believing me big issues because of everything I had been doing to try to distance myself from them. I slowly earned their trust back and found it to be way less stressful, for we stopped arguing and I am able to do a lot more with more freedom.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!