13 Ways to Survive 8th Grade

Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting through 8the grade with all thee immense struggles that occurred. I wrote this to help thee next batch of kids.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next »

Don't Date!

Flirting is okay. It’s practically mandatory in middle school ;), but don’t get tied down. It’s not worth it. It’s stressful. And stupid. And even though guys and girls are getting cuter and taller and more mature, the opposite gender is still stupid or gross or both (boys…. Cough cough)! We may want that closeness or intimacy, but it only last for a little while and it most often ends badly. I know that for some of my friends (and sadly me), you can get what I call “addicted” to that closeness, that constant attention, but all that comes of it is heartbreak, dependence on someone else, and unwanted drama. I’m still dealing with the after affect, though I have stopped dating. Lot’s of teenagers think that if you like someone, you have to ask them out or go further, but truth be told, you don’t. Its okay to talk to them, or be friends with them, or even as lame as this is, admire them from a distance. We don’t all have to date, especially when there are so few of us to start off with. Some guys think that telling a girl you love them will help and possibly make them love you back, but it just confuses things. Girls do it too. You know that you like someone more than just crushing on them, but would you really commit to be with them or be there for them? Whatever you and your family define as love is definitely not something you want in middle school. I do believe that you can fall in love in middle school, but the timing kind of sucks. You don’t get to go very far with them, you are sometimes only dating them the rest of your life, and you have to wait forever before you can be fully committed. We sometimes use the word “love” as a word to just say that we like someone a lot for a lack of a better word, but keeping love and all those emotions out of the picture is definitely worth it.

;)Flutterwacken<3 said...
awesome... especially the express your true self.. love it!!!

Dulanan797 said...
I laughed when I saw the title, cuz...... :) yeah. Nice summaries, and you are right. (no, i won't say it again.) amazing job!