13 Ways to Survive 8th Grade

Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I went to a program called Odyssey, which is a gifted center, and had a tough time getting through 8the grade with all thee immense struggles that occurred. I wrote this to help thee next batch of kids.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

The Reflection

Reflection. Something that I have been doing a lot of lately. We think of reflection as a mirror image or to contemplate the past. I have been reflecting on my 8th grade year. To some, 8th grade sounds ominous and terrifying and to others a new, mature adventure. I feel that both are true. Middle school can be the set up of the habits and interests that will define your life forever, or a year wasted that you would not redo for anything. Taking in as much wisdom from those that have gone through 8th grade is your best bet at actually enjoying a year most try to forget about. Since Odyssey is so much smaller and (hopefully) friendlier than a normal middle school, your experience will be different. This has it benefits and downsides. You get really close to everyone, but by the end, you begin to get sick of each other. Other pros and cons will be outlined throughout the rest of this book. I hope that you will begin to understand just what 8th grade is all about and the best way to enjoy it and live it to the fullest.

A survivor (of Odyssey 8th grade that is!)

;)Flutterwacken<3 said...
awesome... especially the express your true self.. love it!!!

Dulanan797 said...
I laughed when I saw the title, cuz...... :) yeah. Nice summaries, and you are right. (no, i won't say it again.) amazing job!

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_57i9q7ovp0cprjtlkq2re91tv2, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0