I'm Beautiful | Teen Ink

I'm Beautiful

By DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you - but trusting them enough not to.

A picture of me plus a small poem I created.

Similar images

This art has 22 comments.

Kat1712 GOLD said...
Kat1712 GOLD, Rockwall, Texas

Inspiration is something that starts with someone else's story, ends with your own, and has a blurry line in between.

Do you REALLY?

EJK143 BRONZE said...
EJK143 BRONZE, Portland, Connecticut

"I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same."
-Rachel Joy Scott

really great job

SarahRyanne BRONZE, Hattiesburg, Mississippi

You must be the change you want to see in the world. -Ghandi

I like this very much! Even though you said it only took 3 minutes, it is very true and relatable.. You ARE beautiful, and don't let anyone let you think otherwise. :)

Tatyana D. said...
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH, I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH!!!

DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

I moved here when I was in fourth grade and have been here ever since. It's great to know that my work is impacting people in ways that a professional can't. :)

sleepinginthegarden BRONZE, Kingston, Massachusetts
that is so cool that u live in indonesia how old r u when u moved their how long have you been their what brought u their by the way u just inspired me with your poem iv had problems with my weight and stuff so that actually was better advice than any therapist or nutritionist could give me

on Oct. 21 2010 at 5:51 am
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

It's fine. :) I do actually live in Indonesia, and I love it here. The school is small - very small. My class has three people in it so we're combined with the grade below us. It's an expat school, expats are people from other countries that live and work in a foreign country. We do speak English, but we also learn Bahasa - the Indonesian language. Thanks for asking, not many people actually approach me after finding out I live in Indonesia. 

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Hey, do you really live in Indonesia? Way cool! What's it like there - nothing specific, I'm not a stalker. I just think that's so neat, that we can be talking on this website when I'm in the U.S. and you're in Indonesia. Please don't think I'm an idiot for asking this, but do you speak English there? : )

and
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Yeah, don't feel bad about what scrib said, Durichick. Since you said "it was done in three minutes" i have a feeling you didn't really mean to make this a stellar photograph. But all the same, it looks good.

on Aug. 29 2010 at 3:23 am
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

Thank you. :)

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

I really like this, it kind of points fun at societies ideals of beauty.

Number 1: you took the pic with a webcam, not something people generally do when promoting their looks.

Number 2: The words are small, and strangely placed, as if you really didn't care, but did have a point to get across.

Sadly, it isn't a woodcut (whatever that is), but everyone makes the mistake of misplaceing an article or artwork at one time or another.

I applaud you.

dylonmichael GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas

i have two one is "live life as if it were your last day on earth" and two is "never make some one your everything because when they leave you you have nothing"

i do agree with scrib... i see great potinetial

on Jul. 27 2010 at 5:59 am
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

I agree with all of those. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I did take it on a webcam and it was done in three minutes. Thank you again.

on Jul. 27 2010 at 12:55 am
skribbelz13 SILVER, Basking Ridge, New Jersey

"I reject your reality and insert my own."

the reason you're getting ripped on for this is ' cause:

1) you didn't use the right camera (I know its supposed to show "untouched" or "natural" beauty, but it looks like its from a webcam)

2) the words weren't added in a professional looking manner

3) the poem, though short, needs a little more depth

its a great concept and all, and i applaud you on that, its just that the layout isn't exactly aesthically pleasing, but with a little work, you have the potential to make some beautiful pieces.

DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

Thanks, it's nice to know someone appreciates something I do. I purposely didn't wear any makeup or anything to emphasize my point. So, it isn't me at my best ;)

Chimerical said...
Chimerical, Brampton, Other

"You know you are famous when your signature becomes an autograph."

I like the quote, you look cute too <3 don't mind those other comments they dont know how to deal with their feelings lol

on Jul. 18 2010 at 6:03 am
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

And what do you find so funny?

everthought BRONZE, Vancouver, Other

"forever is the new now"
-anonymous

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

on Jul. 8 2010 at 3:53 am
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

I know that it isn't a woodcut, putting it in woodcuts was an accident. Also, the poem isn't pointed at you, it's pointed anyone who has dumped, divorced, or broke-up with someone because of their looks. It's just plain superficial. That is what I am trying to say not that you personally will feel at a loss.

on Jul. 8 2010 at 3:51 am
DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

tuI know that it isn't a wo