Home > Art / Photo > Watercolors > Stitches of Candlelight

Stitches of Candlelight

Report abuse
Description:
This is done with watercolors. About 2 hours.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 28 comments. Post your own now!

Deej6595 said...
This is very good. I love the meaning that is going on the person's face. Even though it took you two hours I think this is a well thought piece and you are truly gifted.

Savannalore replied...
Thank you so much, hearing good feedback means the world to me!

i.heart.art This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That is pretty darn awesome!!!!

Alicia M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Tay you're one of my biggest insirations! I love you very very much (: Text me??

OfMuchHappinessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You're very good with watercolors. We're working with them right now in art class, and I can't seem to get the colors from running! The girl in this piece is beautiful. I love this!

Sparkora replied...
Thank you! I actually think I was just having a good day because I haven't been able to do another watercolor like this...haha:)

babyrex4 said...
Wow this painting is really beautiful. I really love all the colors and details. It looks like it would take a person more than 2 hours to paint!

Sparkora replied...
Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:19 am
Thank you! It's easier than it looks. The eye and mouth actually took the longest just to get the color right, but everything else went really smoothly:)

hannah.maria said...
very reminiscent of Marilyn Manson's watercolor artwork.

Sparkora replied...
Actually, I was inspired by the paintings of Agnes-Cecile, who is amazing!! Check her out, I love her art:) Thanks for the comment!!

hannah.maria replied...
I looked her up, wonderful paintings. What a great artist to draw inspiration from. You should also look at some of Manson's art, it's available for public viewing on his website. :) Do you use any other mediums for your art?

Sparkora replied...
I googled his work, and I admit, I had to force myself to have an open mind at first, but I actually ended up liking a few pieces! And actually, my natural meduim is marker. Most of my pieces on this site are done with marker, I only just recently took up watercolors. :) I'm happy with the results so far:)

NWphotography This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
WOW!! You are fantastic! I love the color!

Kelsey S. said...
You did a really good job with the eye ~ I really like the red!

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:26 am
this is gorgeous- it looks like you just splattered paints on and made a beautiful picture! it's so nicely effortless, and the colors blend beautifully!

Inksplotch said...
This is breathtaking!! It's beautiful and so emotional... I've never been good with water colors, but you made magic with them. The eyes are definitely my favorite part... so expressive.

Sparkora replied...
Thank you!! Watercolors are actually a bit new for me, I'm used to art markers, but I decided to branch out, and I'm glad I did:)

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
Theres so much emotion in it... love it! =) You're obviously an incredible artist, never stop!

Sparkora replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 9:21 am
Thank you so much!!! Thanks for the comments everybody, I'm glad everyone likes it:) It means a lot to me:)

katiex2334 said...
This is really amazing I would buy it, it looks very professional, very expressive, and I think the name is just perfect.