New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Consumed

Report abuse
Description:
I wanted to illustrate how powerless we can become to our malfunctioning minds.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 9 comments. Post your own!

wonderstranger said...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:49 am:
wow brilliant watercolor, so dark. I especially love the color at the top, its phenomenal, really.

noram said...

I just wanted to tell you how well you captured that feeling.  I am currently suffering from my Mind.  

I have battled all my life and right now I am not winning. 

Your Picture is exactly how it feels. 

Best of luck in your artistic future.

Gloria_dorce said...
This poem imspired me to right a poem called " changing, surving and dying" when it is posted i hope you enjoy my interpretation of your art :)

LoganC. said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:03 pm:
Wow, this is probably one of the coolest watercolor paintings I have ever seen done before. I got a question about how you did it. How exactly did you do those black, yet colorful, splochy areas, like on the top of the picture and under the womans neck?

melie replied...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:58 pm :
Well, I used a mixture of yellow, black, and blues. I first wet the paper, then let the colors run. But continued to played with it by adding very light colors (yellow) and  then undertones of green, or dark blues. With a paper towel, you can lift some of it off to give it a blotchy look. It's really all about how you much water you add and how you play with the colors :)

rps726 said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:20 am:
This is undoubtably my favorite piece you have ever done, even more than the chalk. Very impressive, seriously, this needs to be in the magizine! (:

Ash1001 said...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm:
This is dark! But amazing.. I really like how you let the paint drip, it really is a nice touch. There's an elgance to this :) I really like it. Keep it up!! :D

aubrierox123 said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:33 pm:
WOW. This is very different for me, when ever I think water color, i always think of light blues and pinks and water scenes, this is different.....it dosnt make we want to drink tea and eat pink cupcakes :)...very cool

melie replied...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 9:36 am :
Thank you :)