New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Art / Photo > Watercolors > A Drink of Water

A Drink of Water

Report abuse
Description:

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 19 comments. Post your own!

GodGirl12324 said...
you are so talented! i have no idea how you do this and i am struck with wonder at each new painting i see.

TheDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm:
.... so THAT'S how you paint glass :D

woodenpineapple This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm :
Haha this took me Forever to finish. :P

ElkieLionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:55 pm:
THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!

Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm :
Thank you! :]

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The glass is just perfect~

Oorah_Alchemist said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 2:59 pm:
Oh wow  :D You are amazing.

Odessa S. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm:
The glass is beautiful, really great detail.  Did you really paint it?

Jun. 7, 2011 at 11:30 pm :
Haha, yes I painted it!=] I washed color out after painting color on the watercolor paper to get the glassy effects. I spent too long on the glass though and didn't spend enough time on the face, which is not as realistic as I wanted it to be.

consumedbygrace247 said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 3:50 pm:
How in the world did you do this? Don't tell me because it would ruin the magic, pure magic. This is amazing you are so talented I am jealous!

Jun. 7, 2011 at 11:32 pm :
Noo, there's no magic! I am sure you can do the same if you just practice and enjoy painting =] For me, I just really like painting glass, shiny objects with reflections.

StaceyA said...
I'm amazed at the sheer skill and patience that this work demonstrates! I've been painting with watercolours for years and have never tried something so ambitious as painting transparent glass, but you pull this difficult feat off so well.

Jun. 7, 2011 at 11:34 pm :
Thank you =] You should try painting glass! It takes some experimentation and practice, but it looks trippy in the end!

Medina D. said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 9:07 am:

man, you did this with WATERCOLORS???

i tried watercolors and didn't get very far.....................but when i saw this......WOW

hello future artist!!

Broken_Butterfly replied...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 10:00 am :

Wow that is very impressive! You must be a very patient person because watercolors are very hard to work with. Your painting skill is incredible

_AMZ_ said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:07 pm:
This is just beautiful!! I have NO patience with watercolor  , so I wish I knew your secret. This is lovely, and I love your style, it is distinct and seems to be pretty consistent throughout your work. I love that...great job!!

woodenpineapple This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29, 2009 at 3:26 pm:
Why thankyou :] This took me about a week, like a few hours every day, and its done in watercolor and I paint a lot faster in watercolor than oil/acrylic.

I think Ive been painting for 3 or 4 years now.

Joanna said...
Jun. 28, 2009 at 5:01 pm:
I envy your talent and I love your screen name.
This picture is simply stunning, I have no suggestions to make. How long did this take you? How long have you been painting?

kari-kiwi said...
May 3, 2009 at 11:06 pm:
(Jaw drops) This must have been a difficult painting! I love the detail and how realist it looks! I don't think i could have the patients to do somethign like this!