The Spirit Of Rock | Teen Ink

The Spirit Of Rock

By Achillink BRONZE, Swadlincote, Other
Achillink BRONZE, Swadlincote, Other
1 article 1 photo 2 comments

A temporary sculpture made by the sea from stones, meant to show the essence of the stone through the materials used and the form of a rustic temple or shrine.

Similar images

This art has 7 comments.

Chans247 GOLD said...
Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other

"You could say this advice is priceless. Now...if you trust in yourself...believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spend their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy." ~Discworld

Cool! In Canada we call these thing an Inukshuk

Serendipity_Pen GOLD, Shakopee, Minnesota

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."
~ Arthur C. Clarke
"Better to remain silent and thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt." ~Abraham Lincoln

Wow, thats really cool :3

LoveJewls BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!" -- Bob Marley

this is amazing,

very unique

keep up the good work!

Achillink BRONZE, Swadlincote, Other
1 article 1 photo 2 comments
I learnt about Andy Goldsworthy in year 8 at school and really like his 'temporary art', especially his ice sculpture as the sun shone through it. I think he said that 'the thing that gives it beauty also destroys it' Thanks for the comments and kind words :')

TophTheMighty BRONZE, Independence, Kentucky

You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength. -Uncle Iroh

I think you would enjoy Andy Goldsworthy. He's a favorite of mine. Look him up =)

Zanrow BRONZE said...
on Sep. 15 2010 at 10:20 am
Zanrow BRONZE, Ponchatoula, Louisiana

When it hurts to look back, and your scared to look forward, just look beside you and your best friend will be there.

nice work. great formation of the rocks and perfect combination with the ocean.

Achillink BRONZE, Swadlincote, Other
1 article 1 photo 2 comments
Just as a note, 'made by the sea' would perhaps make more sense as 'made beside the sea' :)