New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Art / Photo > Sculptures > Bound by Time

Bound by Time

Report abuse
Description:
This sculpture is based off the idea that some women in India are married out of betrothal. Before they are married off, the man will meet will all women who were promised him, spends 15 minutes with each, and then decides which he will marry...the women have no say-so

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 26 comments. Post your own!

Victoria.Elizabeth said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:19 am:
This is so great. But if you do want some constructive critizism I would say to make the clock a little more clock-like. Apart from that... This is wonderful work. haha. Great job. (:

_AMZ_ replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 1:56 pm :
yea, i totally agree.  I should have but there is a story (excuse rather) that I have about that...I wanted to use a woodburner to make the numbers on the clock and create some designs around it. It was my mistake to not have practiced with a woodburner before AND buy a cheapy one from Wal Mart. Anyway, I started to engrave it the night before it was due to my Art teacher and, well, it was difficult to burn in those numbers!!! I didn't anticipate that. So, now they look kinda 'bleh' and I n... (more »)

Victoria.Elizabeth replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 1:03 pm :
It is still very good. I love the woodburner idea! (:

_AMZ_ replied...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 7:58 am :
thanks again:)

thedifferentloser said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 4:42 pm:
I REALLY LOVE THIS SCULPTURE. IT VERY BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE . GREAT WORK .. I JUST ADORE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

_AMZ_ replied...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 4:44 pm :
thank you so much! :) It was fun to make